+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Launch?

Hybrid View

Launch?

Well i finally got my truck stalled and more or less finished im waiting on my retune but other than that truck runs great. The only thing i was wondering was when i take off from a dig should i stall it up and if so how much? my 4x4 isnt working at the moment hopefully n the next week or so i can get the TC-module out of sleep mode and i can just open up some 4x4 launches but until then what can i do? im prob going to be running a bolted duramax soon and if i can get infrount off the line i think i can hold him off. thanks for the help guys...
    Built 2 Run! 6XX HP/ 6XX TQ

Umm common sense says stall it up as high as you can while keeping traction.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

well even at 1000 i loose a good amount of traction. but if i stall it to 2000 it smokes the tires but seems to get to 60 alot quicker? just asking

Are you getting wheel hop or are the tires just worn.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

i think alittle of both, im going to try and get those clamps soon.... and then i need to rotate the tires. i prob have 40% on the rears and 55-60% on the frount.

well i got the wheel clamps on, seem to help alittle. i still spin them but its not as bad and it feels like a smoother take off

Just do some testing. Some like the suspension preloaded some, other work better stalled up right to the point were the brake are about to give, and like in my case launch off idle always gave the best 60's.

When you say wheel clamps you mean clamping your overloads to your leafs?

You looking like your rev limiter may be to close to your shift point, causing it to hang up for a second. You want a slingshot effect into the next gear.
    Last edited by jmgak47; 09-22-2012 at 10:08 PM.

ya i clamped the front side of the springs. and you think i need to have it lowered? the rpm ... its shifting around 6200

Quote Originally Posted by darnie1987 View Post
    ya i clamped the front side of the springs. and you think i need to have it lowered? the rpm ... its shifting around 6200
    I would be shifting higher then that, 6.4k and also raise your rev limiter high enough that you do not hit it. Your springs good enough to not float at that RPM?

Your recovery should be higher then that with that stall speed. Looks like your hitting limiter to me or it would be higher then that, 4.5K is what I would expect to see.

im running ls6 springs? and u sure higher than 6200? im running a tr 220 cam.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgak47 View Post
    I would be shifting higher then that, 6.4k and also raise your rev limiter high enough that you do not hit it. Your springs good enough to not float at that RPM?

Your recovery should be higher then that with that stall speed. Looks like your hitting limiter to me or it would be higher then that, 4.5K is what I would expect to see.

+ Reply to Thread