+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Launch?

Mh cheaters!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Blu View Post
    I say do one of two after you call the company you purchased from.and ask if they have tested flash launching over stalling it. That could help. I know with my saab i could brake stall to 3500 and cut 1.8s but flash stalling just enough to get the slack out the drivetrain i cut 1.7s all day.
    With the exception of boosted vehicles, I've never seen a quicker ET from a high stall launch over a flash stall lauch.
    2005 Silverado SS AWD
    AEM CAI, ARH LTs, HD-2 shift kit with vette servo, Circle D 278mm 3200 stall Madtunesracing.com street tune (MTR now has a Dynojet 248 chassis dyno)

13.82 @ 94.92 w/1.83 60'

so far this is what ive come up with... stall it up to 1600 ish let off the brake then rool into it so it dont spin then at about 30 mash it?

Built 2 Run! 6XX HP/ 6XX TQ

kinda dies off 50-70 tho? ever since the heads swap ive lost some threw that range? any ideas

Just do some testing. Some like the suspension preloaded some, other work better stalled up right to the point were the brake are about to give, and like in my case launch off idle always gave the best 60's.

When you say wheel clamps you mean clamping your overloads to your leafs?

You looking like your rev limiter may be to close to your shift point, causing it to hang up for a second. You want a slingshot effect into the next gear.
    Last edited by jmgak47; 09-22-2012 at 10:08 PM.

ya i clamped the front side of the springs. and you think i need to have it lowered? the rpm ... its shifting around 6200

Quote Originally Posted by darnie1987 View Post
    ya i clamped the front side of the springs. and you think i need to have it lowered? the rpm ... its shifting around 6200
    I would be shifting higher then that, 6.4k and also raise your rev limiter high enough that you do not hit it. Your springs good enough to not float at that RPM?

Your recovery should be higher then that with that stall speed. Looks like your hitting limiter to me or it would be higher then that, 4.5K is what I would expect to see.

im running ls6 springs? and u sure higher than 6200? im running a tr 220 cam.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgak47 View Post
    I would be shifting higher then that, 6.4k and also raise your rev limiter high enough that you do not hit it. Your springs good enough to not float at that RPM?

Your recovery should be higher then that with that stall speed. Looks like your hitting limiter to me or it would be higher then that, 4.5K is what I would expect to see.

Even though your not making more power after 5.9k or so your still going to be faster reving past your peak. Your HP will not just fall flat off after your peak so take advantage of it. Also your shift extensions being higher is going to help.

+ Reply to Thread