+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5.3- Need some good advice

Question 5.3- Need some good advice

My truck is a 2001 gmc sierra 1500 Z71. current upgrades include spectre
    CAI, Taylor Cable TBS, Pacesetter shorties (uneducated purchase), Flowmaster 40 series muffler, and a bullydog programmer (another dumb purchase), 4.5" suspension lift and 305/70/r16 goodyears.

It runs decent but like everyone else out there im looking for more.

ideas: Cam, 2800 stall, 4:10 gears, ditch the bullydog and get a NPtune, ls6 intake.

Im really new to the game ive only had this truck for a year so please share your knowledge with me! Thanks.

Looks like a good plan.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Appropriate cam and forget the LS6 intake and you'll be set
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

do the cam and stall and NP tune keep your truck intake for the torque, read up on the LS6 intake swap before you think about doing it.
    2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost Super Crew 4x4, stock and staying that way.
    2001 chevy green = LS1 stock, 3k stall, 373 posi, tuned by LSX Power in CS TX

I would toss that paper weight you call a TB spacer also. Unless its the type that adds 150hp at the flip of a switch and push of a button.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

Thanks yall ill keep it updated

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Appropriate cam and forget the LS6 intake and you'll be set
    What cam would you recommend?

212/218 on a 112 lsa, trailblazer converter, and longtubes. I may have some parts for sale soon if I am able to get the truck I'm looking at. Where in Texas are you?
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

Quote Originally Posted by Duct_tape123 View Post
    212/218 on a 112 lsa, trailblazer converter, and longtubes. I may have some parts for sale soon if I am able to get the truck I'm looking at. Where in Texas are you?
    NW San antonio

id run a vette servo too pretty easy and straight forward to do good bang for the buck seeing as its only 20 bucks shipped from oregon performance transmission. i believe they are good untill you run above a 3k stall after that its recommended you go to a billet servo. do the electric fan swap too. just my two cents
    1999 chevy silverado Z-71- 5.3, CAI intake, catback, nelson tuned, lpp lt's, vette servo, e-fans.

+ Reply to Thread