+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: nice weather last night....

nice weather last night....

Here is lil video I made last night on my way home from work. This is rolling into it in 3rd gear. It was 62* outside so it was making some power. It was also spinning pretty good at 70-80mph lol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_tC...1&feature=plcp

04 RCSB 5.3, Homemade 80mm FM, TU1, TH400

Look like fun. I really need to start fabbing a kit for my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by AFSP1211 View Post
    Look like fun. I really need to start fabbing a kit for my truck.
    ur not the only one! I thought about a cam, longtubes, nice intake; but they would never be the same!

Haha. If yall lived closer to me Id help with a build. I had nitrous and I really liked it but there is no comparison

I know watching this video makes me want to get that turbo on the way. I was going to pick up an AK47 to add to my collection but for the price of that I can get the on3, turbosmart gate and flanges and some piping. Still not going to have all the parts by spring and I'm all about instant gratification but this this clip is pushing me to boost..
    2010 Silverado 4.8 Ext Cab 4x4
    Cam, Stall, 4.88's

Took me a while to get all the parts together but it was well worth it. Bc of cash flow the truck stayed on jack stands for 4 months. That include the engine work and turbo build

Quote Originally Posted by o2camaross View Post
    Took me a while to get all the parts together but it was well worth it. Bc of cash flow the truck stayed on jack stands for 4 months. That include the engine work and turbo build
    What was your total cost for just the turbo build. Ive already got a "boost friendly" cam with good double springs and my trans is built already but I will probably end up getting a higher stall from Circle D.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

Becareful with gettimg too loose of a stall. My 60e circle d 3b was too loose and I blew right through it with the turbo. I went with a cheapo on3 turbo-$330, 60mm on3 gate-$160, RPS 50mm bov-$100, RPS oil lines~$100 and mandrel bends pipes and flanges and merge. Then miscellaneous stuff like wrap and vbands and couplers and a free intercooler. I would think total would be under $1500 including buying an intercooler. Plus fuel stuff

Don't forget wide band, boost gauges and everything to mount them, silicone couplers, and clamps . Clamps aren't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by o2camaross View Post
    Becareful with gettimg too loose of a stall. My 60e circle d 3b was too loose and I blew right through it with the turbo. I went with a cheapo on3 turbo-$330, 60mm on3 gate-$160, RPS 50mm bov-$100, RPS oil lines~$100 and mandrel bends pipes and flanges and merge. Then miscellaneous stuff like wrap and vbands and couplers and a free intercooler. I would think total would be under $1500 including buying an intercooler. Plus fuel stuff
    I have a 255 walbro already with hotwire kit but would need bigger injectors for sure. I will definitelty talk it over with Chris before I ordered a stall. Guess I need to start saving my pennies. If all goes right I may be able to have a kit fabbed up by the time SAR comes around. What did you use for head gaskets?
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

+ Reply to Thread