+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harness Trade? 6.0l/4l80e for 5.3l/4l60e

Harness Trade? 6.0l/4l80e for 5.3l/4l60e

After flashing my PCM I just discovered that the harness I have is for a 4l80e (same trans connector but different pinning, and missing a wire I need). I have what I need to fix this myself but figured I'd see if anyone wants to trade me the correct harness instead. This has been stripped of the rear O2s, EGR, etc... basically just the basics left for an engine swap, but its all labeled and ready to go with pins added for fan control.

What year pcm and what are pcm end connector colors on your harness? Dbwire or cable?
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

All 1999 stuff, DBC, blue/red. I just did the research and found its much easier to swap than I thought. Basically I'll just move one trans pin, move the ISS wires (this should have been my tipoff that I had a 4l80e harness, but I missed it) over on the PCM side to the TCC pin locations, and splice them into a pair of new connections on the trans side... deal done. Unless I end up with issues on the ECM side of things this should be a very simple and free (minus some solder) problem to solve.

That said the mods/admins can feel free to lock/deleted/whatever you do with stuff like this that was posted in haste. lol
    Last edited by Wagonbacker9; 08-27-2012 at 02:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread