+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winter project and need a few pointers I guess

Winter project and need a few pointers I guess

So now the truck runs and sounds like I wanted it to I would finally like to make it look the way I want. I have always been a desert truck fan even though I'm in Ohio. I am thinking about doing something like the NFab front bumper and a pair of fiberglass front fenders and a hood.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NFB-C074RSP/

Not sure on tire size I have a leveling kit but would like to eventually go to the bolt on style King set which I believe is the same 2.5 lift in the front. Can I use a 35" tire with that front bumper or will I need to go to more lift? Just not sure how a 33" would look on this setup. I am going to end up throwing some gearing in the truck since I will be jumping up in size.

Does anyone run the Procomp Xtreme all terrain? I was looking at these since they look like they would do well in light snow / ice compared to some of the other off road options. Open to other suggestions on tires if you have good experience with a particular model.
    Last edited by Gus; 08-22-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    2010 Silverado 4.8 Ext Cab 4x4
    Cam, Stall, 4.88's

For a good cheap tire, check out treadwright. Im on my second set now and put around 40 to 50,000 miles on the first. Cross country there great, and I've never had a problem in sand, mud, snow or ice. My 33s were 600 bucks shipped.

Rather than pay out the ass for a pre made NFab bumper see if a local welding shop or fab shop can build you a bumper.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

X2 on a custom bumper. Better bang for your buck and you will never see another one like it.

As for the tires I have bought 5 sets of the xtreme AT from the 285/75 r16 for my work truck to 33's, 35's, and 2 sets of 37's. I like them. The ride is nice, tread life is good, and they worked really well when aired down in the sand. The other thing is they sell the blem tires super cheap but you have to ask for them.
    @J_Industries ON INSTGRAM

TURBO MIC PERFORMANCE
    MAZZULLA OFF-ROAD
    KING SHOCKS

[HOONIGAN]

Thanks for the ideas. What about the size? Will a 35 fit with 2.5 lift in front and prerunner bumper?
    Cam, Stall, 4.88's

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Thanks for the ideas. What about the size? Will a 35 fit with 2.5 lift in front and prerunner bumper?
    I don't think it will.

I'm a fan of the biggest tire you can get in there. I am running a 35x12.50 on a 04' 2wd with a 4" lift spindle. The NNBS has a bigger wheel well and the front bumper is the biggest offender on clearance issues. If you make a pre runner bumper that fixes that. You will still have fire wall clearance problems but those can usually be solved with a sawlzall and hammer. I'm running a 33 on a stock 01' Yukon xl with just the keys turned up and some minor trimming. So it depends on the true tire size, wheel offset and how much trimming.

I can get some pics if you want.

TURBO MIC PERFORMANCE
    MAZZULLA OFF-ROAD
    KING SHOCKS

[HOONIGAN]

I want a full wheel well but dont want the truck to look like a lifted mud bogger. i will massage if needed to make fit and also thought the pre runner bumper would gain lots of room.
    Cam, Stall, 4.88's

I ran a 285/70/17 on my 2.25" leveled NNBS. It was a tight fit, but no rubbing. The new bumper will fix your clearance issues on the front side, but I don't think a 35" will clear the back of the front fender without some major cutting. I'm thinking the largest you can fit would be a 295/70/17, yes, they do make one!

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109335

Looks like some are running 35's with just a leveling kit! I was wrong
    Last edited by 2k5Squirrel; 08-25-2012 at 11:19 AM.

A lot of it also comes down to the wheel as well. A 20x10 and a 17x8 will swing way different.

TURBO MIC PERFORMANCE
    MAZZULLA OFF-ROAD
    KING SHOCKS

[HOONIGAN]

+ Reply to Thread