+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Project Eyesore 90 rcsb

Looking good. Wish I could find a clean SCSB.
    Been lurking since 09 and I finally have my kickass 6.0 LQ4
    LQ4 LQ9 6.0L Engine Service Manual Save to your computer in case it disappears

this may be a dumb question but why do the front wheels sit so far back? does that have to do with the bagged suspension? but damn dude, lookin good. i really wish i could lay frame....but i use my bed waaay too much to hack it up. guess that just means i gotta get another truck...

Why didnt you go with the lower car intake manifold? Sits a lot lower than the truck one.
    Great job though, always a lot of work in something like this
    1978 C20 short bed pickup, GEN111, 4L60E trans.

Quote Originally Posted by kewljay223 View Post
    this may be a dumb question but why do the front wheels sit so far back? does that have to do with the bagged suspension? but damn dude, lookin good. i really wish i could lay frame....but i use my bed waaay too much to hack it up. guess that just means i gotta get another truck...
    The combination of the bags and a 3.5 inch body drop gives the wheels the illusion of being pushed back like that.
    They are still centered in the wheelwell.
    And yea I know what you mean about needing the bed. I'm a contractor and my daily driver is a lowered 06. F150 crew cab who's bed gets constant use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Johnston View Post
    Why didnt you go with the lower car intake manifold? Sits a lot lower than the truck one.
    Great job though, always a lot of work in something like this
    If I swapped out the intake I would have to swap out a lot of corresponding parts.
    The truck front accessories wouldn't work well with the car intake not to mention the injectors and the wiring swap for the plugs etc.
    I'm trying to keep costs down as much as possible as you can see I have a lot more to do than just a swap like most guys.
    Thanks for the compliments guys.

nice work, A+!!

Can't wait to see some pics when it's finished

Wow I cant believe its been six months already!
    Texas summers suck its been way to hot too work in the shop most days.
    I did get some progress, Im uploading some pics on photobucket so I can post some update pics later this afternoon.

I had to resize a ton of pics, but here they are.
    Last time I posted I had mocked up the engine and the truck pan was not letting the truck lay out completely.
    Got the cts-v pan in, bolted everything up and mocked up the engine again. It clears by 1/4 inch!

I also had to fabricate motor mounts to keep the engine as low as possible. I got some 1/4 inch plate and cut the bowl from the bottom of the sbc mounts. Fit the plate in and welded inside and out. I then marked my holes and drilled them for the ls pattern.

+ Reply to Thread