+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clarification on NNBS intake swap

Clarification on NNBS intake swap

I got a line on a complete NNBS intake with sensors, rails, injectors, and TB for a good price. I've read through a few threads and I'm still not sure of how easy it will be.
    I'm already returnless fuel line so that's easy enough. I know I'll need the link from torquerush to operate the TB but is there anything else I'm missing? Most of the info I read was in regards to the 99-03 and return fuel style models and were talking about having to change the injector connections and having to use spacers due to longer injectors in the NNBS intakes. Any insight from y'all would be appreciated. I want to order anything I'm going to need at one time so I'm not waiting on parts to arrive.
    My current engine is Flexfuel but I don't know if that changes anything.
    Also, for anyone who doesn't think it would be worth the gains: current setup is 11:1 cr iron ls1 with 241 heads, 228r cam, and NP tune. Feels like power is dropping off just a tad in the higher RPM range almost like it's not getting enough air. This is also in preparation for a N2O plate in the near future.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by AFSP1211; 08-15-2012 at 12:50 AM.

I have the thing from torque rush I no longer need. If lookn for one. Along with 03-06 american racing headers send pm if interested

If I end up pulling the trigger on this intake I'll let you know on the x-link. I read something about there being a few different versions. Do you happen to know which yours is?

Its a great upgrade for the truck. I think you definitely will want to consider upgrading your heads since that intake is designed for 243s and I am sure that those 241s are already a restriction. If you are using the injectors and rails off the Nnbs intake then you won't need spacers just the correct pig tails for the injector harness. Good luck this is a very similar setup to the one I will be using on my 6.0 build.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

I agree about needing better heads than these 241's, so when funds allow, I will be looking at getting these ported or getting some better aftermarket ones. I at least had these milled to 62cc.

Stepping up NOS now? From what I've seen the truck intake flat lines in the upper rpms. Just throw a shot at it. You make it out to MAM yet?

how bout a ls6 intake for topend. but like he said ^, spray it!

My stock injectors from my truck fit the NNBS intake and fuel rail, no spacers or anything else SAS needed.

The Fleet...
    2003 Suburban- 5.4 L59 331CI 10:5.1 Compression -Built by ME
    2004 Avalanche- 5.7 LS1 -NOT built by me
    2005 Silverado RCSB- 5.7 LS6 -Built by ME

Quote Originally Posted by canada4g63 View Post
    Stepping up NOS now? From what I've seen the truck intake flat lines in the upper rpms. Just throw a shot at it. You make it out to MAM yet?
    Yeah, I need some giggle gas. I'm not worried about ot being a little flat up top, I feel it just needs more air than what it's getting right now. Haven't made it out to MAM yet. Blowby from the removed oil baffles in the covers are messing with my AFR a lil more than I think it should. Once I get a catch an for it, I'm gonna go check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacstar View Post
    how bout a ls6 intake for topend. but like he said ^, spray it!
    . I would do that but I really don't wan to screw around with the water pump.

Quote Originally Posted by TXSZ66AVLANCHE View Post
    My stock injectors from my truck fit the NNBS intake and fuel rail, no spacers or anything else SAS needed.
    . This is good to know. What about the injector clips?

Quote Originally Posted by AFSP1211 View Post
    If I end up pulling the trigger on this intake I'll let you know on the x-link. I read something about there being a few different versions. Do you happen to know which yours is?
    Not right off top of my head I don't but like ya said if pull the trigger on it can just pm me your number and I could txt you pic of it and all of that

+ Reply to Thread