+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Offroad light options

Quote Originally Posted by 2k5Squirrel View Post
    That's a little extreme for what I'm wanting, lol.
    Pretty sure thats about 1/4 the cost of the 50" light bar....

We could get you hooked up with 2 or 3 lights with HID's and you will have plenty of light for not a whole hell of a lot of money.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

The LED bars are the way to go. I am gonna add one in the lil rectangular cut out in the bumper of the Dmax.
    Name: Mark,
    God created turbo lag so nitrous trucks could have a chance.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post274877

I like the LED bars. Rigid is one of the best. That price is retail. When your ready to swipe the card let me know and I will see what I can get it for.
    NCT that makes the brackets is local, his stuff is good, and he has no reason to lie about the lighting.
    There is another led manufacturer that is sold through transamerica to 4wheelparts. I don't know the name but I get those cheap. The best bang for the buck was the HID's at o'rileys, With the red rings. I have vision X on my truck and like them but I had a deal through them a few years ago.
    @J_Industries ON INSTGRAM

TURBO MIC PERFORMANCE
    MAZZULLA OFF-ROAD
    KING SHOCKS

[HOONIGAN]

Ive never seen one of the bars in person to have an opinion on them other than thats alot of money for lights. I agree with those regarding the HID's. Ive got 3 sets of aux. lights im waiting on the HIDs to arrive to retrofit them into. 3 55w kits and rectangle glass lens aux. housings for $200.

However the aircraft landing lights did catch my attention on that same website lol. Even then you could buy 5 of them for the cost of that light bar.

Or something like these.
    I considered getting one of these hoping for great results to make a mockery of the thousands my fire dept just spent to outfit our truck with scene lights of the same style.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...orb-36w-30.htm
    Last edited by enc016; 08-12-2012 at 02:11 AM.

That 50" bar might be expensive, but for the intended use, it isn't that. Intended for a fast prerunner or race truck, where everyone used to (some still do) put 5 or 6 8" good quality HID (Hella, VisionX, Soltek, etc etc) you are spending 1500-1800 easily, plus having to fab up a beefy light bar for the lights and all that combined, probably well over 100lbs. And not to mention the drag those lights cause. Most trophy trucks are capable of hitting 140mph in the rough, at night through the same section with the lights on, they drop 10-20mph.

That is just my .02 cents

Prerunners <3

95 C1500 LM7, built 4L60e, Circle D 3200, LT's, Nelson tune, open differential, 3.42, and LS1 e-fans. Tractionless

I agree, but to do it right, is retarded expensive

You get what you pay for.

Wait until cyber monday after Thanksgiving to get the best pricing on all this stuff. I have a set of Vision-X 8.8" HID's and a set of the 8.8" 100W halogens and they work great for long distance and I'm pretty sure I got those for like 40% off during the holiday sales. In my opinion, you need a mix of LED or Floods and spots for the best coverage. Just by having HID headlights won't throw the width you may need offroad.

The Rigid duallys seem to be pretty good for the price, I think my price on those runs about $70ea. I haven't bought any of the bigger LED bars but Rigid comes with a limited lifetime warranty. Every Rigid bar I've seen is very well built and throws a lot of light, but they are expensive. I plan on running a 30-40" Rigid bar with two of my Vision-X lights on my new bumper with a set of Rigid Dually's out back. The cheap Kragen HID's may work for you as well and Ruffstuff Specialties has some similar ones as well.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/

Just having the lights on my truck one night out by Alpine, TX I avoided hitting a herd of deer. I barely got the truck slowed down in time and only clipped one deer out of 15 or so. No way my headlights would have caught them alone.
    - 5.3 Stock Internals - Cal Speed Stainless LT's - 18" Magnaflow - K&N Drop In - Airaid Intake Tube - Nelson Tune -

Shopping List
    - Cam - 3200 Circle D Stall - 10" King Coilover Shocks - 16" King Reservoir Shocks - FG front Fenders - 17" Methods -

+ Reply to Thread