+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scanners

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    I bought a snap on mt2500 2 years ago and I love it, it's a bidirectional scanner that you can pick up relatively cheap. I got mine for $250.00 for everything, it was updated until 2004 when I bought it, and just recently I bought the vci reprogrammable cartridges for $300.00 off eBay, now it's good up to 09 because I also bought the can adapter for $40 off eBay. It scans all foreign and domestic, except BMW and Mercedes which you can upgrade to do those as well. You can datalog with it, freeze frame and the bidirectional controls vary with vehicles. Hope this helps!!!!
    i wanted to see if i could get him a handheld (without adapters) that does bidirectional for all cars under 100k and that can turn off abs, airbag, engine lights etc.; after i get all the adapters for that snapon im over a grand. lot more than i wanna spend as a gift! but i appreciate ur input

I was looking for something that was capable of reading/clearing anything from the airbag light on a vw to abs light on a gm. so ideal would be abs, pcm, and srs on vehicles on american, european, and asian vehicles; is it possible?

I wonder if AutoEnginuity's software will do that? It has a lot of vehicle coverage.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

i got him the innova 3160b. it covers all powertrain code and some abs/srs codes. only $220 on ebay. so far so good

I know scanners for vws are a pain and expensive for a good one. A vagcom for a VW tdi is about equal to hptuners for our trucks. Powerful, but expensive.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

nice to know, thanks

+ Reply to Thread