+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big Problem

Big Problem

Alright, its been extreme weather down here in LA for the past few weeks.. a nice sunny day comes up and we take the boat out on the lake.. We see black clouds coming and it starts storming and pouring down rain.. The truck went through a puddle of water about fog light height and an ass load of pot holes because there was a layer of water over the road so you couldn't see them.. Once I got home I noticed my passenger side HID ballast is out, the ballast is mounted right under the Intake Filter.. All this happened tuesday.. It ran fine all the way up to today coming out of the carwash.. as soon as I got out the truck just started dropping and raising RPMs like it had a big cam in it.. somehow got it home and put a scanner on it, threw 3 codes: MAF Sensor, Lean, and Random Misfire.. we cleared the codes, started the truck again and the MAF code came up again.. the truck runs equally shitty with the MAF plugged in/out.. I took some MAF cleaner on it and its no better... It cranks and runs fine for about 30 seconds, and then it just starts stuttering and spuddering.. I can get a video up in a few hours..

I'm pretty sure its the MAF sensor since the ballast shorted out right at the same spot, but people have been telling me different solutions, so before I waste money on anything I don't need, I would like to hear your opinion on this..
    Run your motor, not your mouth..

04 ECSB 5.3 Sierra: 14.6@95
    Pacesetter Headers, Intake, Tune

Started the truck this morning to get a video, and it started like none of this ever happened.. I have a feeling it would be the fuel pump seeing as it feels pretty much the same after I fill the gas tank up from empty..

maybe just got wet and dried out overnight.

I'm guessing its the fuel pump.. it started doing it again today when I got low on fuel, so I'm guessing the fuel pick up unit is messed up, so I'm gonna look into a Walbro 255 drop in unit..

So nobody has ever experienced this before or has any tips? went pull codes again and it pulled 2 lean codes, and a random multiple misfire, gonna check plugs and wires tomorrow..

Check your fuel pressure regulator if you have one.

Possible vacuum leak of low fuel pressure, also high resistance in MAF signal circuit

+ Reply to Thread