+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Motor Mount ?

Motor Mount ?

Been searching on here for an answer, but every build is different! I have an 88 GMC I'm converting over to a 6.0l 4l80e, what I want to know is what mounts to use? I already have the Trans Dapt adapter plates 4572, but they are for the stock location. From what I have gathered I need the plates that move it back 1" so I dont have issues with the tranny bolting up correctly on the crossmember, and driveshaft issues. This correct? Someone whose done this please chime in, Thanks!
    Last edited by Hivelocit; 07-20-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Dirty dingo

Thanks I have seen their mounts before, but apparently missed the 2 1/2" adjustable mounts they sell.

their plate allows you to set your engine pretty much anywhere you want it, within reason. The bolt holes on the block side of the adapter are slotted so that you can install them loosely and the stab the engine to your transmission, slide the mounts around so that the tabs fit around the engine mounts on the frame and then you snug them down.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Dirty dingo, the only way to go!!

Although they are close to $50 more than the standard adapter I've seen at least they allow so much more room to move! They also make the a/c relocation bracket which is nice!
    Last edited by Hivelocit; 07-22-2012 at 01:09 AM.

i used the 3 position plates from Wisner Machine Works, they sell them on ebay for about $70. i used the middle holes (stock location), with the schoenfeld headers it can't go 1" forward or back.

I used dirty dingi on mine. Definitely the best way to go. Tranny linkage and drive shaft fit perfect

+ Reply to Thread