+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: u0107 code

u0107 code

I'm in trouble once again. I'm still in the process of getting my c10 lq4 swap on the road. the truck is up and running, kinda.. it keeps throwing the U0107 code. I'm aware of what the code is, but can't seem to cure it. I have not had the truck on the road yet. so I've had this problem since I put the motor in and put the tuned PCM in. could the tac module go bad? throttle body itself bad? please help! thanks

pull on the wires at the throttle actuator to see if any are loose, check continuity with all, and resistance

all connections are good. when you say resistance, is that insinuating that the harness between the tac module and the pedal are length sensitive? because I did lengthen that harness during the swap. could this be a concern?

please help! I'm running out of things to try here. maybe I'm over looking a simple problem? every time I try to get into the throttle the truck dies and still throws u0107 code. I've switched the tac module from another truck and same problem. I've tested continuity from the module to pedal and module to actuator. every connection is good. I've never heard of a pedal going bad, so this leaves me to believe it's a tune problem or an aviator problem? any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

check ur grounds, there is a couple on the back of the engine, and one on the drivers side lower towards the oil pan. does the engine rev at all? is the code on immediately?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado889 View Post
    all connections are good. when you say resistance, is that insinuating that the harness between the tac module and the pedal are length sensitive? because I did lengthen that harness during the swap. could this be a concern?
    it should not be length sensitive, cause i have lengthened them and cam harness before with no problem. when i said resistance just wanted to make sure the throttle recieved voltage and that it wasnt low.

Quote Originally Posted by blacstar View Post
    it should not be length sensitive, cause i have lengthened them and cam harness before with no problem. when i said resistance just wanted to make sure the throttle recieved voltage and that it wasnt low.
    Im going to triple check grounds. one problem i see is that during the swap i moved the grounds from the block to the firewall. i didnt see this as being a problem, but clearly they were put there for a reason. i even switched parts from my other truck like the module and the actuator and all the components are good. so im left with 3 possibilities from what i can see. 1 bad or improper grounds, 2 bad tune??, 3 error when i modified the harness for the swap. the truck will rev all day in park. as soon as i put it in gear and give it gas it throws the code instantly and only that code. im scratching my head on this one

Are we sure the two people in the topic know what U0107 is? I'd ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzzler View Post
    Are we sure the two people in the topic know what U0107 is? I'd ignore it.
    ignore what, the code? it can't be ignored. as soon as it's thrown, the truck goes into the failsafe high idle. the truck is useless like this. I've switched everything in the drive by wire system with different parts. the wiring is fine. I switched the PCM with another one I have and everything is fine. so I must of gotten a rouge PCM. I guess any computer failure is possible.

u0107 is, Lost Communication with TAC module isn't it? Pretty sure it's the code I had nightmares with.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

+ Reply to Thread