+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just ran an 07 Escalade esv 6.2 ltr

Just ran an 07 Escalade esv 6.2 ltr

I was considering selling my truck and put it up for sale and a guy responded to the ad and showed up with his son.So we go throught the chit chat. he test drives then the conversation has my attention turned to seeing how fast these newer style 6.2 escalades are. So i tell him lets go run. (by this time im pretty sure he doesnt wanna buy).His son gets in the driver seat and we go at about a 40 roll and i pull by about 3/4 to 1 truck length up to like 90. spun a little on the hit. Those escaldes are quicker than i though. I look up some info on it to find the 6.2 has about 403 hp(which i knew) and runs about a 14.5. Suprise suprise. Not bad for my "home built tank"

my swap is an 87 silverado with a 5.7 ls1
    ls6 cam
    underdrive pulley
    tune
    cold air intake.
    4l60e trans
    stock stall
    ls1 intake and ported tb
    stock gears and baby tires

Oh and i have longtube headers too
    87 silverado 5.7 LS1 ,224 CAM,TBSS INTAKE, ASP PULLEY,LONGTUBES,CAI

Right on!

Sick kill for sure
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

you better have won, you ran against a freaking tank and for it to run 14-15 and weight its carrying is crazy fast !!
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

believe me i was impressed by the power of the 6.2 carrying all that weight and my truck for pulling him. Although i honestly thought i wouldve got him worse.I have really been wanting to run the truck to see how it stands up to a factory lsx truck/suv. It just makes the swap i did worth it. my last carbed 86 c10 probably wouldve got its fellings hurt pretty bad in the same raceand that one had 373 posi, sticky tires and 355,intake ,carb,headers,cam. Ill be adding a stall this month and a TBSS intake
    Last edited by robg2001ls1; 07-16-2012 at 01:58 AM.
    87 silverado 5.7 LS1 ,224 CAM,TBSS INTAKE, ASP PULLEY,LONGTUBES,CAI

I saw a guy locally run his stock 6.2 truck, actually he was running two of them.

One was a CCSB 4wd that was running 13.6 consistently and the other was an ECSB 4wd with less then 500 miles which was cutting ET each run until it hit a 13.9 IIRC. He was confident he'd get it faster then the 13.6 after it was completely broke in.

I was very impressed, 100% stock on both trucks, he was there with his family members and they owned both of them. They owned a body shop I guess.

Made me kind of wish I had a 6.2 in my '11, lol..
    Tony

I saw a guy locally run his stock 6.2 truck, actually he was running two of them.

One was a CCSB 4wd that was running 13.6 consistently and the other was an ECSB 4wd with less then 500 miles which was cutting ET each run until it hit a 13.9 IIRC. He was confident he'd get it faster then the 13.6 after it was completely broke in.

I was very impressed, 100% stock on both trucks, he was there with his family members and they owned both of them. They owned a body shop I guess.

Made me kind of wish I had a 6.2 in my '11, lol..
    Tony

Get your traction settled down and i bet your truck runs a low 14 , as is.
    that would be about right for the weight and type of truck you have.
    sounds like it's a fun sleeper!

The stock escalades with 6.2L are decent, but they aren't that fast. don't get me wrong, they move out pretty well, but like anything, they need a power adder, haha.
    mine has been running 15.0-15.1 in this heat, no winter times yet.
    i know for a fact it'll go 145mph tho, lol.
    btw, it's an ext, heavy as a tank.

The 6.2s are pretty stout, pull hard for a stock vehicle and the size of them. Good kill!
    2000 Chevy Silverado RCSB LS6 5 speed, LS6 short block, 317 heads, LS6 intake, Lunati 220/224 .575/.575 112LSA cam, Edelbrock Headers, CTS-V accessory drive, Nelson Performance Custom Tune.

+ Reply to Thread