+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GTO available

right right. I wasn't trying to bash anyone or any thing. I didn't want anyone to take it personal. I'm sure a lot of people think a 28 yr old man shouldn't be excited about having a suburban, but I was.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

New camaro=fat cow car. Worst blind spots the the 4th gen ls. IMO the GTO looks like a grand prix streched.

Quote Originally Posted by lo-lyf View Post
    I could care less for either car, therefore I could care less how to spell the name. I might buy one so I can gut it for my future daily driven 70 GTO (after the XL is paid off). To my own defense, it was late when I wrote that post. Don't get me wrong I love most things Pontiac, I lost all faith in 2003 when I saw the first monaro with GTO badging. I regained a smidge when they came with the ls2, split duals, and hood scoops. However, still not a goat, mate. I think it was a lazy attempt to keep Pontiac off of the chopping block. My opinion, as humble as it may be.
    I agree. While I love the car, calling it a GTO was a mistake.

Personally, I'd take a G8 over the new gto.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k5Squirrel View Post
    I did, and I love it.

For the same price point, so would I. But the same money buys you a LS2 GTO, or a V6 G8.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonbacker9 View Post
    For the same price point, so would I. But the same money buys you a LS2 GTO, or a V6 G8.
    New G8's are LS based v8's the GXP is LS3, but they cost so much more that the GT G8

Quote Originally Posted by canada4g63 View Post
    New G8's are LS based v8's the GXP is LS3, but they cost so much more that the GT G8
    That's true to a point. The base model G8 is a V6. The G8 GT is a 6.0 with 6 speed auto. The GXP is the 6.2 available in 6 speed auto or 6 speed manual. He was comparing the prices of the GTO, which only came with a V8, and the base model G8 with the V6.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

A top dollar GTO runs about the same as a base model G8... maybe not even that... and the base model G8 is equipped with a 3.6l V6, not any variation of an LS V8.

If you want to get into a V8 G8, it is going to cost you somewhere in the realm of 6K more than an equal-mileage GTO.. a GXP (only way to get a manual)... basically DOUBLE. Don't get me wrong, I love my autos in my trucks, but sports/muscle cars should have manual trannies unless they're strait up drag cars. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Wagonbacker9; 07-13-2012 at 06:10 PM.

You are now officially defined GAY.

It's the same car but with FOUR doors. If the GTO was a FAIL (it was sales wise), the G8 is a super fail. GTO, G8, Catera are all the same car with different plastic and crap. If you have to choose, at least get the ONE with two doors.

I'll take a silver 2006 GTO with red interior and M6, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread