+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: critique my port job.

Why did you scribe them? or did you decide they weren't worth messing with after scribing... West Coast Said they don't open em up on stock mods, but the in house cnc'ed units are supposed to be slightly larger, just trying to gather as much data as I can b/c I'll be doing mine shortly. Like the truck is going back together the weekend b4 xmas lol.
    2008 CCSB Z71 - custom ground cam, new valve train, custom heads, CAI intake, Nelson Tune, headers, fake cats, electric cut-out, transgo reprogram & servo

I put lay out paint on them then bolted the exhaust gasket to it and scribed them so I could make every exhaust port the same.
    99 rcsb silverado...... boosted.

was referring to the intake side
    2008 CCSB Z71 - custom ground cam, new valve train, custom heads, CAI intake, Nelson Tune, headers, fake cats, electric cut-out, transgo reprogram & servo

I see what your asking now. The intake ports are the same size as the gasket so you would have to trim the gasket to benefit from making the intake runner any wider. I mainly just took out the swirl ramp, blended the bowl and raised the roof on the intake.
    99 rcsb silverado...... boosted.

they came out badass props. im waiting on my carbide bits to come in, n start on my own heads. but great work...
    Daily Driven fbo 5.3 was leveled wtih 33s.

Quote Originally Posted by o2camaross View Post
    One day, Ill get a spare set of 862's and take a grinder to them. There is a book about porting and polishing at the local barnes & noble. You think it's worth the $25?
    yes its worth the money..I have purchased a lot of the books that B&N sells....but you can buy it for about half the cost from eBay, Amazon, and a place online called half.com, the sell new/used books at a fraction of the cost and the books look like they were never opened, half.com is a bit slow on shipping but A++ in my book.
    2001 ECSB Z-71: 7.0L LS7, Kook's LT's, True Duals, RPM Tune, F.A.S.T. Intake/TB, YANK TT3000, 4:10's, G80, AWD Swap, 160-Stat.....
    Slowest in South Jersey ..........SOLD :-(
    2012 GMC Sierra Z71 CC: 6 Speed, 3:73's, G80, Back up DD...........SOLD
    2000 RCSB Shitbox.......370LSx/Built 60e/4.56's,EATON Posi, CAI,3" SLP Exhaust, DD.......Build Thread http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...ker-punch.html

Quote Originally Posted by MrHorsepowerLSx View Post
    yes its worth the money..I have purchased a lot of the books that B&N sells....but you can buy it for about half the cost from eBay, Amazon, and a place online called half.com, the sell new/used books at a fraction of the cost and the books look like they were never opened, half.com is a bit slow on shipping but A++ in my book.
    Thanks man. Any head porting books you recommend?

04 RCSB 5.3, Homemade 80mm FM, TU1, TH400

+ Reply to Thread