+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for new exhaust tips

Looking for new exhaust tips

Long story short, one of my exhaust tips got bent last weekend and I'm looking for replacements.

the current tips are black chrome, 2.25" in 3.5" out, 18" long. they are the slanted rolled tip style.

My question is, I really like the look of the double wall tips. However, I can only find them in 8" long varieties. I should add that I have 2 tips, exiting straight out the back, under the rear bumper. My concern is that with 8" worth of tip, you will be able to see too much bare pipe, and that it will look funny.

Does anyone have any experience with this type setup? any pics or suggestions would be nice too. It seems that most of the short double wall tips are used on side exit apps, so I don't know if it a good idea or not.
    2000 ECSB 5.3L with K&N CAI, true duals with flowmaster 40s, and 200k miles!

Either run them both out behind the RR, or dump them just over the axle..
    Truck: 05 GMC CCSB SLT Z71,
    Go Faster: 5.3, 219/227 .607/.614 112, milled heads, eBay CAI, Circle D 2800, 3030 Built 60E, E-Fans, 3030 Tuned, LT's, Spintech Muffler, DuraGrip w/ 3.73's
    Look Better: 10K HID's lows & fogs, tinted Chevy tails

I guess I didn't say, but all the hangers and pipes are still in good shape and I plan to reuse all that. Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone had used or seen 8" tips going straight out the back (one on each side) like my current setup. I'm not really looking to change the setup too much, but I don't know how noticeable it will be not having 18" of tip. I would rather replace the tips with the same thing that is on it now as opposed to it looking off with the 8" tips, or spending more time and resources to change up the way it exits.
    2000 ECSB 5.3L with K&N CAI, true duals with flowmaster 40s, and 200k miles!

+ Reply to Thread