+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clutch question.

Cool Clutch question.

I'm swapping a 4.8L from a '05 into a '93 Silverado. I'm going to put the 5-speed from the '93 behind the 4.8L and I'm using a 4.8L flywheel and the '93 clutch. My question is with this combination is the flywheel in the exact right position for my slave cylinder to operate the clutch? Thanks.

It should. I did the same swap..make sure you get the throw out bearing too. Mine worked fine.... remember you can't power shift that 5speed.lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1bd92 View Post
    It should. I did the same swap..make sure you get the throw out bearing too. Mine worked fine.... remember you can't power shift that 5speed.lol
    I did some research on the forum and it sounds like the throw-out bearing from the '93 is too short. Is this correct? Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I did some research on the forum and it sounds like the throw-out bearing from the '93 is too short. Is this correct? Thanks for the info.
    On ebay National bearing # 1377-C looks like just a regular bearing. What should I use?

Yea the stock one for the throw out bearing is to short. But that part number sounds right.

1bd92, is your throw-out bearing an internal or external slave cylinder? Mine is external and the 1377-c National bearing that I see on ebay doesn't have a collar for the clutch fork. So I'm kinda stuck right now cause I want to have the right bearing in there before I install the engine and tranny back in the truck.

I think it should be the same. I had the external slave cylinder. I used the stock throw out bearing. But u have to use a different pilot bearing .thats the only thing I changed . And everything should fit just fine Theres a link on here where the dude list all the bearings you need. he had pictures and everything.

+ Reply to Thread