+ Reply to Thread

Thread: weird a/c prob after motor swap

weird a/c prob after motor swap

ok so i just finished my 6.0 swap in my 01 1500 4x4.. the air worked great before the swap with never a problem... i left everything conneceted to the truck so nothings changed with te charge level..anyways i drove the truck for the first time and it kicked on fine and was blowing cold till about half way home when it randomly kicked off and wouldent come back on... i parked it and left about a hour later then it came back on, i turned it off about 10min after leaving heading to a friends to see what it had and when i went to turn it back on it wouldent come back on... any thoughts, like i said the pressure is still the same on my hi and low side, fans kick on and it works great when it kicks on

Check for voltage at all your switches.

Check the obs ground that goes on the back of the head. I had the same problem. My abs light came on also but when i would push the ac button it would go off. It had my head spinning turned out to only be a ground

well the grounds were good and tight.. with the truck runnng and a/c on but comressor not working i took a hammer and turned the compressor some and boom it came on... turned off then back on and i had to do the same thing... so luckly have a good compressor from my 6.0

+ Reply to Thread