+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Knock sensor issue

Knock sensor issue

So , my truck threw the low circuit voltage to the knock sensors. So I took it apart and found the harness to be broke, changed it but it's still missing. Is the engine still storing that code and retarding th engine from the old bad harness?

Usually the sensors are rusted too....especially the rear one but we don't know what kind of truck or engine you have either.

I have the same code right now on my 2000 4.8 silverado. The GM TSB says to replace both sensors and the short harness that plugs into them. It also says to build a "Dam" using rtv silicone around the rubber plug that covers the sensors. The problem is that moisture gets down in the valley and in the sensor threads and causes high resistance between the sensor and the computer. Therefore the computer is getting a low input signal from the sensor.

I decided to take it one step further and swap the 4.8 out for a 6.0. I will be putting new sensors in the 6.0.
    Last edited by classic1; 07-03-2012 at 11:15 PM.
    SOLD:1992 ECSB Silverado lm7 5.3 Swap, TR220 cam, Circle D 3200stall, CBM street tune, Schoenfeld LT's, LS1 efans, transgo hd-2 60e, custom CAI, Autometer gauges

Best 1/8 E.T. 8.86 @ 77.8 on 275/60/15 MT ET Streets with 1.92 60 ft.

2000 RCSB 4x4 Lq9 swap...stock except mild 4l65e....for now

+1 but also leave out the foam end seals under the intake.

+ Reply to Thread