+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mounting question on transmission into OBS

I believe low91 has got it right,especially the drilling of new holes which is no biggie.

Your problem may just be the oil pan. It's bigger than most and hangs lower than frame, not good on lowered truck.

Quote Originally Posted by dimebagged View Post
    Your problem may just be the oil pan. It's bigger than most and hangs lower than frame, not good on lowered truck.

I have already swapped to the F body pan

I was going to go with the f body pan also, but instead sectioned 1/12" out of the stock 5.3 pan. I measuerd the capacity and I'll lose one quart which brings it down to a 5 quart pan. It fits nicely and dosent hang down past the front x member. Hopefully someone can use this info on a future swap for 88-98 obs trucks.

I had to move it and drill 2 new holes to retain my factory drive shaft with the dingo mounts

1989 RCSS 5.3/4L60E swap
    - 224/230 .581.591 112lsa,
    - 3200 Stall
    - DJM 4/6 drop
    - Nelson Tuned

Building the truck GM never did..

Quote Originally Posted by 1991SSP View Post
    Ok, I have got my lower V6 mounts out of the way and the correct V8 mounts on the frame, I have a 4L60E from a 03 model mounted up to my 5.3 motor, should my stock crossmember stay in the same place for the trans mount or will it need to be modified, truck was a 4.3 automatic 2WD
    My truck is a lowered '96 shortbed 2wd Fleetside, that was also a V-6/4L60E. I wanted my drivetrain as far back as possible(2002 Camaro SS LS1/4L60E), & put it right up against the firewall. I retained the original V-6 frame mounts, and fabricated my own motor mounts. They were very simple to design & weld up. I dropped my driveshaft off at the local driveline shop, had them shorten it 2 1/2", balance it, install new cross bearings, and paid them the $125.00 they wanted. I also fabricated a completed new transmission crossmember from smaller(and lighter) steel box tube, along with an Energy Suspension trans mount. I did this in 2004, when there was nothing available on the market for these kind of swaps & I am still driving the truck today, vibration & worry-free.
    Last edited by LS1GMCTruck; 06-29-2012 at 02:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread