+ Reply to Thread

Thread: easiest way to swap engine, tranny, and transfer case still bolted together

easiest way to swap engine, tranny, and transfer case still bolted together

i picked up my 6.0 swap still connected its 4l80e, and transfer case.. the truck it was on was wrecked and the pulled the body off, how hard is that to do seems like the motor would be a piece of cake if you could get the body off as i wouldent have to work in all the tight places to bolt the tranny to the engine, and transfer cast to the tranny... if thats not possible is there a way to go in with the tranny and engine together? maybe through the front if the grill area comes out? i use my truck alot so im trying to keep it down as little as possible , thanks in advance

, i dont understand???
    need help? pulling the cab off is just more bolts you have to deal with. since ur strapped for time.... pull the engine/trans/t-case out

the engine tranny and trasfer case i bought were all still bolted together and pulled out at one time so the only way i was assuming that being done is if the cab was taken off... i didnt know if it was just a few body bolts, a harness plug or two, steering linkage, and a few hoses or lines.. so i guess piece by piece is the easiest, i have access to a lift if that makes any difference

I dropped my 6.o and 80e in together. I put t case on after. Wasn't bad at all

Quote Originally Posted by cottontop11 View Post
    I dropped my 6.o and 80e in together. I put t case on after. Wasn't bad at all
    kool thanks alot anything that helps save time im all for.. know i need to decide what all im going to replace while its out, im thinking plugs, trans filter, drivesaft seal, and u joints.. any other opinons

When I did my swap I had the tranny on the back when I swapped them out. Worked great! Did it at home so I didn't have a lift.
    2000 Chevy Silverado RCSB LS6 5 speed, LS6 short block, 317 heads, LS6 intake, Lunati 220/224 .575/.575 112LSA cam, Edelbrock Headers, CTS-V accessory drive, Nelson Performance Custom Tune.

i left the tranny on as well and got it in this weekend.. only cleareces issuses were the front diff hitting the oil pan, and i had to remove the intake manifold

+ Reply to Thread