+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 91 5.7 tbi idle problems cant figure it out please help

No codes think the trim said 128 I think. no codes. Tps specs show .45 to .80. I'm back home now not at the truck.

Run sea foam through the master brake line booster, replace spark plugs with original ac delcos, and your engine will be running like a champ. And idling too!
    1992 Full size blazer 5.3 Swap successful.
    http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...zer-build.html
    Galveston, Texas

Has new ac plugs and been running seafoam in the gas mixed pretty strong

Check your input air sensor.

91 pickup had no intake air temp sensor to my knowlenge but I've been wrong before

I ran into this on a suburban actually went to a pick n pull and bougt some used injectors and it ran like a champ!!! Worth a shot?

GROUNDS GROUNDS GROUNDS!

Make sure the grounds a the tstat area are not all on the same stud. Move some to the front intake stud. Also make sure the body to frame to chassis triangle on the passenger side firewall area are all intact. Check the four injector wires under the breather for being shorted to the throttle body by the breather. Manually lift the diaphragm of the EGR to see if you can make it stumble more. If not, check for vacuum leaks near the EGR or the EGR passages for being clogged inside the intake. Ohm the pick up coil in the distributor....needs to be 800-1200 Ohms if memory serves. Look at the star shaped magnet on the distributor shaft....look for cracks between the rivets. If cracked, replace the shaft. While at it, check the drive gear for wear for for excess up and down play. Repair as needed. Also check for lateral play in the shaft to housing bushings. DO NOT USE AN AFTERMARKET PARTS STORE DOO DOO DISTRIBUTOR. You will only get more problems. Before pulling the distributor....check the timing. Know how? You need to unplug the timing connector. It's either under the cover where the relays are on the passenger side firewall or under the passenger side dash inside by the blower motor....tan with black stripe wire with small connector. Unplug it and check the timing. Should be near zero at idle. Shouldn't change much with RPM with the connector unplugged. If it's all over the place, there is an issue inside the distributor. If the engine now runs fine just by unplugging the timing connector....look inside the distributor. I'm really glad I don't have to work on these any more.

Crickets....

Moved grounds around cleaned them all. egr is new and double checked it and the solenoid that actuates it no leak there. checked timing dead on 0 with the wire unluged and rock steady.I've still got to check the distributor. I've got another one to drop in it when I get to go back over there to work on it more.

Also I checked all the wiring when I had the intake off. The problem was there before I put new intake gaskets on it. I was thinkin it was a vacuum leak myself and when I sprayed everything up top and nothing .that's when I decided to put intake gaskets on it. Could be a week or 2 before I get to go work on it more

+ Reply to Thread