+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What fuel pump for flex fuel Yukon?

What fuel pump for flex fuel Yukon?

I've been havin issues for some time now (2yrs or so) with my Yukon. It not wanting to cold start below 1/3-1/2 tank of gas. You can hear the pump not picking up fuel also. I'm to the point where it bothers me enough to finally fix it but I'd like to swp in a new/better pump while I'm in there. Right now I'm just bolt ons but plan on a 6l swap some day. I emailed racetronix and they said they do not carry anything to work for my flex fuel setup. What ever I do I'd like a nice plug and play setup not something I have to hack together if possible but don't wanna break the bank doing it either. Lol right now I've got 106k on the clock and it's a 2003 if that matters have no other issues other than this.
    03 yukon xl:intake, longtubes ory,performabuilt lvl2,circle D 278,tune, tint, lt1 fans
    92 z28: lb9 air foil vette servo magnaflow catback adjustable pan hard rod Lcas lcarbs
    86 trans am: lm7 hot cam th350 3500 stall

The ACDelco part on rock auto is MU1379 and has it listed for 236.89. There are other brands that are cheaper as well. I think you can find some good deals on racetronix ones but not sure if they are flex fuel compatible.
    '02 Silvy: Z71 EC Step Side 5.3L Nelson tuned
    2013 GMC Acadia: SLT1 Carbon Black
    1976 Corvette Stingray: Trying to save it, progress is slow.

^Ricky's Sweet PS Skilz
    09/21/2010 02:31 <danger_ranger83> I'm not really worried about the looks...I want it to be fast and ugly...bc no one wants to get outrun by something ugly

Yeah wouldn't mind a racetronix setup with hot wire kit I put one of those on my z28 and it's a nice setup but like I said they told me that they do not offer anything for the flex fuel trucks. Mine has typical bolt ons and tune but not sure what is or if anything is much different in the time for the flex fuel other than the larger injectors.
    03 yukon xl:intake, longtubes ory,performabuilt lvl2,circle D 278,tune, tint, lt1 fans
    92 z28: lb9 air foil vette servo magnaflow catback adjustable pan hard rod Lcas lcarbs

Haha, sorry about that, I didnt read the entire post. Have you tried contacting Bosch or Walbro? Is there a way to remove the flex fuel stuff from the computer? I thought it was possible.
    Last edited by cjriojas; 06-03-2012 at 09:15 PM.
    '02 Silvy: Z71 EC Step Side 5.3L Nelson tuned
    2013 GMC Acadia: SLT1 Carbon Black
    1976 Corvette Stingray: Trying to save it, progress is slow.

^Ricky's Sweet PS Skilz
    09/21/2010 02:31 <danger_ranger83> I'm not really worried about the looks...I want it to be fast and ugly...bc no one wants to get outrun by something ugly

No clue that might be something I call Allen about.

Quote Originally Posted by cjriojas View Post
    Haha, sorry about that, I didnt read the entire post. Have you tried contacting Bosch or Walbro? Is there a way to remove the flex fuel stuff from the computer? I thought it was possible.
    yes flex-fuel can be tuned out, and just simply unplug the sensor

+ Reply to Thread