+ Reply to Thread

Thread: please help with radio install problems

please help with radio install problems

got a 02 escalade, i installed a double din radio. everything looks to be connected right it has batt power, ignition power, and ground. the speaker wires are all color matched to the wiring adapter but i have no sound at all. it does power up but thats it. what you think the problem is?
    1982 c10 lsx swaped, NP tuned, true duals, 4:11s, trutrac, e-fans, CAI

Prob has a Boise radio system which is amped. So you will have to run the amp turn on off the radio to the amp turn on on the vehicle. If you bought adapter plug it should have it. They will both be blue wires.......maybe with white strip

i just got sound out of it. was the remote turn on, it wasn't connected to the harness. so i have sound but cant get the the dvd to show. i tried grounding the green parking brake wire to the radio ground.

Sometimes on the ground wire has to be switched, like ground unground ground. Check the instructions on it. When I worked in the audio shop we would mount a tiny toggle switch that was out of sight so you could flip it on off on

i dont have the instruction manual anymore. it a 2009 model pioneer radio. not sure it helps any.

I'm pretty sure you do the pioner that way. Touch thenpark brake wire to ground then take off then touch it back and hold it there see if that works

thanks for your help. got the dvd to show, i did it the relay method. found a video on youtube on how to bypass it.

Yep, relay method is how mine is.

+ Reply to Thread