+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DRs on the street

Quote Originally Posted by kerrige View Post
    Which hankooks? I am planning on Venus 2 rh06.
    Hankook Ventus ST RH06
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Same tires I run. I like 'em. Can send them up in smoke if I try, but just average driving, great tire. Drive nice too, very quiet, great in the rain. Mine are wearing very slowly and evenly, should last a while.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Same tires I run. I like 'em. Can send them up in smoke if I try, but just average driving, great tire. Drive nice too, very quiet, great in the rain. Mine are wearing very slowly and evenly, should last a while.
    if i roll into first i get slight i mean slight spin grab second at a modest rpm they dont spin grab third a chirp ..if i brake boost on a roll of course theyll spin otherwise im very pleased. 295/45/20 on 8.5"rim.
    Granted i have suspension now thats working but out of all the tires ive had on truck these hook the best for street driving

Read about them yrs ago on the tbss site were some were pulling high 1.7s with them

I'm running 275/55/17 Hankooks now. I'll see how things go with them first with the newfound GenIII power. I know when I first installed them, my old sbc would barely spin them without work. That's good to know they hook well. There's also some suspension mods available for stock suspension on my truck that may help.
    Matt

Thanks to all American soldiers for their service and sacrifices.

OK, I'm reviving this thread. I got the engine in and running back in August, but I still had the stock 3.07 gearing. I could light up the Hankooks pretty easy before, but had the 4.11 gears and Eaton istalled last week, and well.............the Hankooks won't last long. lol

The only DR size I can run with my current setup is the M&H Racemasters in a 275/50/17. Anybody have good reports on the M&H's?
    Matt

Thanks to all American soldiers for their service and sacrifices.

They're a good tire and competitively priced nothing but good reviews on m+h

My boss ran M&H tires on his 1000hp diesel. They hooked great, but he never drove it on the street. M&H are pretty good tires in my opinion.

Woah zombie thread! Back from the dead.. Haaha
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

I run m&h's drag radials front and rear; 275/50/17 in the front and 325/45/17 in the rear. Very good on dry pavement, but forget about it in rain. I was caught in the rain a few months ago and was driving ~50ish on the interstate being very careful and the back end flung around me and I ended up backwards in the middle of the road facing oncoming traffic....twice. The second time I slid off the road onto the shoulder, again facing the wrong direction.

If its even cloudy I dont drive the truck.

I have ran Nitto, Mickey Thompson and M&Hs on the street over the past several years.

I disliked the Mickey Thompson because they were so short lived, went through 2 sets in less than a year and as my good friend Bo would say "I hardly ever get on it." which is a lie.
    Nonetheless I wasn't very satisfied with either of the sets Mickey Thompson.

The Nittos did pretty good on the street and held up better than the Mickey Thompson ever did.

I have been running a set of M&Hs for 6 months or so and they hook better on the street both the Nittos and Mickey Thompson.

I don't like any of them in the rain, but then again I drive pretty aggressively so they all 3 feel sketchy to me in the rain.

+ Reply to Thread