+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting OE Cluster to work on OBS Swap

Getting OE Cluster to work on OBS Swap

I'm trying to get the gauges and the MIL light to work on the OBS swap. I have the Temp, and Oil Press Gauges working, I used the OE Harness and Senders to get those to work.

As far as getting the MIL light, the Tach, and Speedo to work I'm at a loss at this point. I found what I thought were the leads for each and I can't get them to work as they should. I'm using a Nelson Harness, I've tapped into the Pink wire for the MIL light and used the BRN/WHT wire for the OE Cluster. I was seeing 12v at the Pink wire when the MIL was on. I see 12v all through out when I plug in the brn/wht MIL wire for the OE cluster and get nothing. Although when I apply 12v with my Power Probe directly to the wire I get the light on.

I thought I had found the right wires on the c100 connector for the Tach and the Speedo but I'm not getting anything. I was using the D3 pin for the Tach and the E7 for the Speed. Also, what can I do about the PRNDL? It's not lighting up because I'm using the new style trans, therefore I don't know which gear it's in, I have no Neutral Safety switch and no Reverse lights.

Truck is a 95 RCSB originally had a TBI 350/4L60 in it. Now has an LQ4 and a New Style 4L60e. Nelson Harness and the Stock 95 Harness were used. I attached the pinouts for the c100 connector for the 95.

62534676.jpg62534674.jpg62534675.jpg

2000 Camaro SS M6 - G5X4, LT's, 4.11's
    1989 K5 Blazer 350TBI/700r4

bump

i'm thinking about just doing the same thing with my 97 so i dont have alot of hassle with the gauges and trying to make them work.

+ Reply to Thread