+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 gmc sierra 4.8 to ls1 5.7 swap

2000 gmc sierra 4.8 to ls1 5.7 swap

hi im a newbie here i have a 2000 gmc sierra 4.8 automatic and am getting ready to swap an ls1 from a 2000 vette into my truck all though the added power will be great my main reasoning behind the swap is that my current 4.8 has 260k miles and the ls1 came out of my brothers vette that was totaled with 56k miles so while i agree id be better off with a 6.0 i cant get picky because this motor was free

now for the question ive researched the swap and from what ive gathered it seems straight forward but im a little confused as to the whole truck intake or ls1 intake im using all my accesories from the truck as all of them are fairly new(replaced within the last 60k miles)also my oil pan windage tray and oil pick up tube.is there anything else im missing?

as for the swap i really havent seen any write ups just people saying how easy it is while im not doubting them id really like to hear from someone who has done it and any input or advice would be greatly appreciated

I went from a 4.3 to an LS6 in my 2000 silverado, it was fairly easy. Good thing about your swap is the LS1 will drop right in and you won't have to change any mounts. Since I didn't have any front drive accessories with mine except for the waterpump I just bought the CTS-V accessory drive complete for 800 bucks from Jegs. Came with all the brackets and bolts needed, PS pump, alternator, AC compressor, tensioners, idlers and belts. Well worth the money. Same kit from GM was $2000! I think if you use the LS1 intake you have to do a couple modifications if you want to run the truck accessory drive. There is a write up here for it.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/front...take-swap.html
    2000 Chevy Silverado RCSB LS6 5 speed, LS6 short block, 317 heads, LS6 intake, Lunati 220/224 .575/.575 112LSA cam, Edelbrock Headers, CTS-V accessory drive, Nelson Performance Custom Tune.

Ok Perfect thanks greatly appreciated it should be done by the end of the month so I'll let you know how it went

+ Reply to Thread