+ Reply to Thread

Thread: no temp reading

long time no see.......given up on doing a swap for now, just sold my navigator and buying a house soon and then a car so after that i can tear down my truck and do a swap

got a problem though......i havent had a temp reading for well over a year and a half, then i bought a chip and stat and thought that changing the stat out that it would work then but still no reading
    a year later.......just put in a new temperature sending unit and still dont get a reading
    what could be the problem?
    when i start it the needle pegs out then goes back to the bottom pointing to the top of the little symbol of a thermometer at the bottom left

93 GMC, 5.7L 350
    93 GMC Sierra Xcab
    5.7L 4L60E
    Hypertech Chip
    Dual Dynomax Exhaust
    3 trans rebuilds
    130k miles and still alive

check all the wires...usually if you check all the little things first that can eliminate those things and such. it might even be the gauge no reading correctly.
    02 silverado ext cab short bed|2/4 drop with HAL and cal tracs|ASM headers w/ duals| 4.10s w/ eaton|ls1 edit|FIPK|BBK|6.0 swap|230/236 .588/.591 113 comp|ported 6.0s 2.055/1.60s 918s|4L65 w transgo and servos|PY3600E|8.1 injectors|LS1 fans|TNT power ring wet kit

+ Reply to Thread