+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mufflers

mufflers

What mufflers do u guys run with true duals

mufflers what are those? on my true dual set up its just high flow cats. and that because here we have gay ass emission testing.

Quote Originally Posted by 89sierra View Post
    mufflers what are those? on my true dual set up its just high flow cats. and that because here we have gay ass emission testing.
    Down here in bama we havnt gone full retard yet with the emissions crap.

Quote Originally Posted by cottontop11 View Post
    Down here in bama we havnt gone full retard yet with the emissions crap.
    Up here in va as long as the pipes come past the cab 6" its perfectly legal with NO emissions!!! but im gonna run flowmaster super 44 cuz I like to be able to hear myself think inside the cab. lol

I want it to be loud, but have a little tone also. I know most use magnaflows on here it seems. But i know alot run y pipes.

I dont think too many guys are runnin duals here cuz turbos n stuff. Just run a 3.5 single with 22" boddy magnaflow.

4.8, TSP 220, 6L90 swap, 3400 Stall, 4.10s w/30" drag radial and T76 @ 16lbs.
    Best ET 11.54@114 w 1.52 60ft
    Raceweight 4905 lbs.

Flowmaster 44s provide good tone and they are loud. My brother has a 04 6.0 and it sounds mean after he got dual 44s. But he has dual mufflers and after the mufflers it y's into one 3.5" pipe and has a 4" tip... but its all in personal opinion...

^ bet that sounds redneck as hell!!

Here is my setup!
    http://static.photobucket.com/player...-33-52_551.mp4
    Its pacesetters with ory custom made into full 3.5" all the way back into a 5x11x22 in 3.5" si/so muffler turned out before the tire! And it sounds mean!

i prefer the sound of flowmasters on N/A setups. It has a unique tone. I have a single 3" 50 series flowmaster with my long tubes turned out in front of the tire and i like it. not as loud and radical sounding as the 40 series, but i drive it alot and dont like the drone so it works perfect.
    Last edited by TurboMic; 05-02-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

Actually its a very clean professional look. It had dual 3" from the factory with a single tailpipe so all the muffler shop did was take out the factory mufflers and add the flowmasters and tip. If u want to see redneck you should come up to va! We have some serious redneck exhaust systems up here. lol

+ Reply to Thread