+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Question Regarding Bogarts

Question Regarding Bogarts

i have my 08' Silverado and Rich at Bogart is having a hard time getting the right size fronts for my truck without the rims sticking past out the fender ,im not about too even think how that would look.

i dont think im the only 08' silverado thats going to have 17'' front Bogarts

my front suspension just has the drop spindle,so of course only 17'' or bigger fit

since im doing street/strip the size he recommends is a 17x7...

this sucks,its going on 2 months already waiting on my fronts...as already took a month to get my rears in.

the stock steel wheel is a 17x7.5...he should maybe work off of that,but he just called me said from hub mounting surface-out he can only do 3 1/2 inch...as max we measured would be 2 1/2...that means my fronts would stick out an inch

who here is running 17 front bogarts?and what size width,also do u have drop spindles?
    i dont understand why its so hard when theres tons of silverados with Bogarts like these

Front are 17s w/street tire rear 16s Hoosiers d-10s unbolted

16s rear an front 15s on Hoosiers bolted d-10s
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by CHEVROLADE; 02-06-2012 at 04:44 PM.

What is your measurement for the caliper over hang? I measured mine wrong the first time and we thought we were going to have the same problem. Measure it right and he'll be able to fix you up. May take a little grinding on the face and the top of the caliper, but you can fit a 15. Flaco put some 15's on two 08+ trucks and ran an 1/8" spacer and just ground the top a little
    2007 RCSB|DTR81 built LSx 3xx|PRC|NX|BOGART|MSD|QUICKFUEL 950 E85|4L80|FTI Converters|Smith RaceCraft|Racepak
    midweststreetcars.com

The 17x7 wheel is HEAVY. Looks good, but heavy
    2007 RCSB|DTR81 built LSx 3xx|PRC|NX|BOGART|MSD|QUICKFUEL 950 E85|4L80|FTI Converters|Smith RaceCraft|Racepak
    midweststreetcars.com

i was on the phone with him earlier ,he only asked for from center of hub to down past the ball joint on spindle which was like 8.5 inches...

I have 17x4 fronts with 14" rotor and 08 calibers. Im using gto spares and a m&h 28x4.5 front runners. I used a adapter to use this wheel. They sit even with wheel well so if I can clear them then you with 13" rotors and custom wheels being made should fit no issues

is there any difference in 99-07 to 08-11's ? i run 16s but after it was said and done 15s would have worked i run a 16x4.5

to bad youre not closer id let ya try my fronts on, and if i knew they would fit i could bring them and let you use them at SAR.. looks like i wont be running

dumb questions, but have you asked on rgv or hpt?
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

05 and up use 13" rotors and pbr calibers but spindle drops screw you cause of lower ball joint

Rich said he was going to keep working at it...and get back at me.yea i asked on RGV but no help.thanks for that offer Skeet that be cool.and yea Quik the drop spindles is whats messing Rich up.i told him i even trimmed the ball joint bolt off...no wonder if i put oem spindle back on if it would help.but then i dont want to raise it...im sure he will get it.he should keep his specs in file

put stock spindle then swap the mounting point on the strut combo from the top of the A arm to the lower part. Doing this and adding a 1/2 spacer will net you 3-3.5" up front. Buddy did this to his 08. Rides the same yet is lower
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEVROLADE View Post
    Rich said he was going to keep working at it...and get back at me.yea i asked on RGV but no help.thanks for that offer Skeet that be cool.and yea Quik the drop spindles is whats messing Rich up.i told him i even trimmed the ball joint bolt off...no wonder if i put oem spindle back on if it would help.but then i dont want to raise it...im sure he will get it.he should keep his specs in file
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Quote Originally Posted by CHEVROLADE View Post
    PM me I run 16,s bogart im the front and 16's in the rear. I can give u the mesurement for the front off mine.

+ Reply to Thread