+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how do i convert it?

how do i convert it?

I just got picked up my heads and they look great! but the guys sent me a ported to matched intake to go with it. the only thing is the intake is alittle different and has a egr set up " mine dont" now i plugged the egr hole with a freeze plug and epoxyed it. but still uncertian about some other things...

the new intake had a male plug " the middle one"

And my old intake doesnt its blocked off...

Then the New one Has the hole blocked off were the breather hole on the throttle body goes?

Heres a picture of my throttlebody and you can see the hole im talking about

now the only thing i could find is it looks like its a breather and or something for like Pcv crap? what do i do about it? " heres a picture of my current intake" and you can see the hose comming off the intake and going into the valve cover

zoomed out a bit

If you all could help me complete the puzzle id greatly appreciate it....
    Built 2 Run! 6XX HP/ 6XX TQ

All vacuum sources after the throttle blade should have the same amount of vacuum. Hook the vacuum lines up wherever you can and cap the rest.

the " hole in my throttlebody" what is it want what does it do? they guy at the dealership as trying to say that it was how the truck idled? and as far as the other Male connection i can cap that, its plugged on my stock intake... ?

The hole in your TB is the idle air hole. Air flows thru it and by your idle air control to control the idle.

ya thats what they said at the dealership... but on the new intake the place were the intake and the idle hole are saposto meet up its blocked off on the intake side? you can see it on the 3rd picture.... so would that mean it wont work?

Drill a hole in it if ya got to ha ha! Post up A pic of your TB, the side that
    Mates to the intake.

Kk ill get one tonight. The only thing with the intake part of that is if you drill you'll go threw the back of it its solid. Doesn't go into the intake like my other one?

heres a picture of the new intake, you can see its about 3/8 of an inch or so wide behind the TB, but its solid plastic, if you drilled it would go out the back of the intake rather than back into it....?

Is that a drive by wire TB? I've got a dbw TB at the shop and a 99truck intake. I'm headed that way in a couple hours. Ill take a look at mine when I get there.

Kk. And that's what I'm guessing the intakes for. I have a 2004 sierra but its all elc no cable

+ Reply to Thread