+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No wipers or brake lights after swap

No wipers or brake lights after swap

Just got the engine running the other day and now I dont have wipers or brake light but the third brake light does work.

What type of vehicle are we talking about first of all, If it's like my truck then the BCM controls these items...

Sorry its a 94 obs

Oh, well that's out of my field of expertise. I work on the newer ones lol!!! Good luck with your truck, there are a lot of guys on here with that year of truck...

Quote Originally Posted by sshook2000 View Post
    Sorry its a 94 obs
    Had the same problem, only had a 3rd brake light working. theres a relay for the lights. I ended up accidently cutting mine bc i didnt know what it went to. and for the wipers theres the plug on the firewall that you keep i think it has 5 wires including a ground going in the firewall to a bulk connector. read my thread about it, i think its on the 2 or 3rd to the last page.

If you have both of those connected, its a ground problem. Ground the motor to the frame. Frame to body. Body to motor.
    Silverado Z71 10" Lift COMPLETE 6.0/4L80E PRC 2.5 Ported LS6 Heads 228r Comp Cam 3200 CIRCLE D Stall LS7 Lifters ARP Bolts SLP Oil Pump and Double Timing Chain 160 T-Stat 3" SLP Loudmouth Electric Cutout Walbro 255 Pacesetter Longtubes MSD Starter NELSON Harmess NELSON Street/Strip Tuned ECM MSD Wires LS1 Throttle Body Braided Lines Spectre CAI 4.56 Gears Detroit Locker 14 bolt http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...wap-build.html

Fixed it. It was a ground that I did not see behind the passenger side head hooked it up and all is good.

got love it when it's something simple.

+ Reply to Thread