+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 06 4.3 to 5.3 need help

06 4.3 to 5.3 need help

alrite im new here but ive been wanting to swap out my lil o v6 for the mighty v8 and now that ive made up my mind since i have her parked im gunna do it i know thr are threads here but i dont really c n e with a 06 model swap and was wondering what all i need and whr to start i been looking and it is mostly 03 and down so not sure if i have n e thing different or have to do n e thing special n e help from u guys would b appreciated sorry for bring up this topic once again but i just dont know n e whr else to go for answers and all the guys here that helped post things on here seem kool and helped out alot so like i said n e help would b nice so i can get on the ball and start buying parts and motor

they are all the same, plug and play

ok so what motor will i have to buy is it best to get a 06 5.3 or go with an older model not sure on that part and will older model even work

Depending on the state you're in, you'll probably have to get the same year. Here in California since i have an 07 Classic, i need to get an engine from a 2007 truck.

Anayways, anything from 2005, 06, 07 should be a drop in for your truck. Get a complete lift out engine with all accesories, harnesses, ecu, TAC module and pedal. If you have a donor truck even better.

from the outside all three engines look the same, how are they(emissions) gonna know how many cubes you have? all thats gonna matter is getting the newer engine/trans harness, gas pedal, tac module, and pcm program. there are a few more little pieces but that is what reading is for!

Quote Originally Posted by blacstar View Post
    from the outside all three engines look the same, how are they(emissions) gonna know how many cubes you have? all thats gonna matter is getting the newer engine/trans harness, gas pedal, tac module, and pcm program. there are a few more little pieces but that is what reading is for!

If you're in cali they care.. Cubes not so much, just as long as the engine is the same year or newer than the recepient. Once you do a swap you'll have to take it to a state inspection office aka state referee.. They'll go through the swap with a fine tooth comb running off the block and what not and those people dont mess around. Everything has to be done by the book. Again only in cali though.
    Last edited by classic o7; 11-28-2012 at 03:22 AM.

BOOO to emissions laws in Cali....It sucks that you guys have it so rough there....how are you FI, and ORY type guys passing? Any secrets you wanna share
    2001 ECSB Z-71: 7.0L LS7, Kook's LT's, True Duals, RPM Tune, F.A.S.T. Intake/TB, YANK TT3000, 4:10's, G80, AWD Swap, 160-Stat.....
    Slowest in South Jersey ..........SOLD :-(
    2012 GMC Sierra Z71 CC: 6 Speed, 3:73's, G80, Back up DD...........SOLD
    2000 RCSB Shitbox.......370LSx/Built 60e/4.56's,EATON Posi, CAI,3" SLP Exhaust, DD.......Build Thread http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...ker-punch.html

most emissions, check codes and move on. personally ive never had any places check for cats

+ Reply to Thread