+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 93 sc step 5.3 4l60e swap

93 sc step 5.3 4l60e swap

hello everyone i am going to swap a 5.3 and 4l60e from a 2002 Denali. my truck currently has a 4.3 with a 5 speed that have 265k on them. the trany is in its final days of smoky burn outs. lol i got the motor and trans complete with trans lines, power steering line, fuel lines y pipes with cats tac module and gas pedal for $1,000. does any body know what major hurdles i am going to go thru to get this trans in?

Don't forget to bypass or integrate the clutch switch into ur new setup.

Every project comes with its own hurdles. Most people have difficulty with the wiring. Do your research and you should be ok.
    96 2 Door Tahoe 4wd / 5.3 Swap / CAI / Tune / Pacesetter LTs / Magnaflow / LED Dash / Novak A/C Bracket /

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...ders-pics.html

i added to clutch switch to the to do list. i am having a friend take care of the harness and the ecu.

I picked up my adapters today from dirty dingo. i should be able to pick up some more parts later on today.

i had some questions regarding what motor mount to use. do i just get the v8 motor mount?

You will need the V8 frame mounts and cups.
    90 GMC RCSB Forged 370 and Built 4L80E from the VHO going in slowly but surely

89 fox body notch... No motor or tranny mod but a narrowed 9" w/ 35 spline axles and a spool!!

2011 Tundra CM 4x4...

Can someone tell me how the dirty dingo mount go on i am lost here. I have the v8 motor mounts and the brackets.

Get the sbc to ls1 dirty dingo mounts, then get some V8 motor mounts for ur body body style for the dingo mounts to bolt on to

1989 RCSS 5.3/4L60E swap
    - 224/230 .581.591 112lsa,
    - 3200 Stall
    - DJM 4/6 drop
    - Nelson Tuned

Building the truck GM never did..

The dirty dingo mounts to the v8 frame mounts.You don't need the cups that bolt to the sbc motor.The arrows on the dirty dingo mounts point towards the front of the motor.On mine from the back of the motor where the bellhousing bolts to the back of the dingo mount where it bolts to the frame mount measurement was 14 in.I hope that helps.

+ Reply to Thread