+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 93 sc step 5.3 4l60e swap

does the slip yoke from a 700r tranny fit the 4l60e transmission.

I have swapped them several times and they have alway's fit just fine.

Thanks man

Hey guys i finally went to start my truck and it fires up for about 3 seconds then shuts off. Could this be the vats? i checked the fuel pump relay with a test light and it get power then shuts off. Any ideas what this could be?

That sound's like Vat's to me.

Well i got the vats disabled and its runs for a little bit longer but it still dies. Any ideas what it can be?

Might have a ground unhooked or something

Can you tell me what motor mounts you used that bolt through the crossmember? I am doing a 94' 4.3 to 5.3 conversion and have removed the engine and tranny with frame mounts today. I just need to figure out what frame mounts I need to put the dirty dingos too so I can press forward with project. Also, sound like you have made good progress and good luck with getting it to run.
    1994 Chevy C1500 RCSB 05' DBW 5.3 Conversion Complete
    My build

Coming soon ....... Full Repaint, 214/220 Cam, Yukon Posi with 3.73's, remove body lift

I converted my truck to v8 motors mounts. It was a pain in the ass and i just used stock 350 mounts. Hope that helps i finally got it running just havent had time to work on it some more. Good luck on your swap

Quote Originally Posted by jbarraza86 View Post
    I converted my truck to v8 motors mounts. It was a pain in the ass and i just used stock 350 mounts. Hope that helps i finally got it running just havent had time to work on it some more. Good luck on your swap
    Thanks, I got the whole motor mount thing squared away. It was extremely hard to find the factory replacements that bolt to the crossmember. With that taken care of I moved on to other things. How about your project? By got it "running", can you drive it now or does it still need some attention? What did it turn out to be that would not let it run for very long. I only ask for future reference just in case I run into something similar next weekend when I drop mine in. Good luck as well with your just about finished swap.
    1994 Chevy C1500 RCSB 05' DBW 5.3 Conversion Complete
    My build

Coming soon ....... Full Repaint, 214/220 Cam, Yukon Posi with 3.73's, remove body lift

+ Reply to Thread