+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LIft kit Ideas

my brother inlaw had a CTS lift it was a 8in or 9in... but im pretty sure it was a 8in it was BAd A
    Built 2 Run! 6XX HP/ 6XX TQ

Quote Originally Posted by 07chevyLT2 View Post
    Atleast 4.56 gears I have a 6" with 35/12.50/20s and I am thinking about 4.88s. The truck has the stock 3.73
    Im thinking about the same wheel and tire set up.i have a 2002 Z71 extended cab how bad is the performance with stock gears? Just fixin up for my son when he turns16. How would i determin what gears are currently in it? Sure it will see alot of highway so offroad performance is not that big a deal. Thanks for any info on this.

Sorry but I'm going to be that a**hole that suggests you do a solid axle swap. I think it's worth it to save up the money and parts and build a proper straight axle setup. You can buy link kits to help eliminate guess work and you'll have a truck that every guy with a "lift kit" will drool over. Some guys argue that you can't get the ride quality out of a solid axle that you can with IFS but those guys haven't ever ridden in a properly built coilover shock setup. I rode in my friends truck ('96 SAS'd ECSB) and he has coilovers all around and it felt like riding in a big offroad cadillac. Now, granted, he had the nitrogen on the shocks at a lower than normal psi but that's easily a quick fix. He took me down this beat up pothole laden road and I didn't even spill a drop of beer haha. I can help you with the selection of parts considering I've spent the last 3 years researching. Trust me, it's worth it in the long run

+ Reply to Thread