+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new kid

new kid

ok my dad has a 2003 ecsb 4.8 auto, so far cai,tb spacer with nitrous port, what is needed with nitrous on a 4.8, max shot? thanks heis looking to hit the 12's

12's ...... never gonna happen in an ecsb 4.8!

Maybe he needs a trinity tune like that other new guy on here.

Trinity tune would get him in the right direction lol

mabe i just need a helpfull answer, what are the limits of the 4.8, also either one of yall running nitrous?

Quote Originally Posted by AFSP1211 View Post
    Maybe he needs a trinity tune like that other new guy on here.

or do a 8.1 swap like this famous kid on here lol

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...8-1l-swap.html

but max shot i would say 150 tuned but their are ppl on here throwing 200+ on stock bottom ends with some 4 leaf clovers in them somewhere. cough cough G cough

might take gears,tires, cam,stall,longtubes to meet ur goal

1989 RCSS 5.3/4L60E swap
    - 224/230 .581.591 112lsa,
    - 3200 Stall
    - DJM 4/6 drop
    - Nelson Tuned

Building the truck GM never did..

I never suggest going over 100 shot on stock motors. It's a good starting point. But turbo is much better. Tell ur dad to go boost. Even sts is better than the bottle. have fun
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMic View Post
    I never suggest going over 100 shot on stock motors. It's a good starting point. But turbo is much better. Tell ur dad to go boost. Even sts is better than the bottle. have fun
    couldn't agree more nitrous is nightmare after nightmare after nightmare after nightmare and then all the turbo guys come beat up on you at track days and meets so us nitrous guys have to resort to racing the supercharged guys to get any wins or self confidence.
    74 Austin Morris Mini 1000 - Daily Coil Spring conversion, lowered, Disc Brake conversion
    FOR SALE: 04 RC/LB Duramax -12 second tow pig, built Allison, Tune, and supporting mods
    FOR SALE: 03 Silverado SS -DBRods built 40X, DP, Suspension. Going for fast

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtkid View Post
    mabe i just need a helpfull answer, what are the limits of the 4.8, also either one of yall running nitrous?
    Limits of the 4.8 are dependant on multiple factors. With twins you could get 1200 HP as proven by a magazine (name escapes me). As for N20, I would feel safe on a 100 shot nozzle, 150 with a spot on tune, and maybe 200-250 on a direct port setup with its own fuel supply and a good tune. All that said, I'm not spraying but I intend to in the near future while I'm building another engine for forced induction. Do some research and plan what you want to do. Just remember, you can only have two of the following: fast, cheap, and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by AFSP1211 View Post
    Just remember, you can only have two of the following: fast, cheap, and reliable.
    +1 always the case no matter what

+ Reply to Thread