+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which heads and intakes?

Which heads and intakes?

This head number thing is confusing, I guess it's not much different than Ford stuff but that's all i've known for the last 12 years of my life so it comes easier.

Is there any thread that tells which heads come on what so I know where to look? and which intakes from what and which injectors and etc? I did see something about getting the flex fuel injectors for the same year range of my truck so I should be good there, but the head casting numbers are what is getting me. I'm not used to being able to use stock parts to go as fast as I want to go, and it makes it confusing when this stuff is all mixed up between different generations and brands of cars and different generations of trucks

What vehicle do you have? Motor? Need more info in order to tell you what you have.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Quote Originally Posted by kerrige View Post
    What vehicle do you have? Motor? Need more info in order to tell you what you have.
    I have an 04 gmc 5.3

I don't so much need to know what I have (although that'd be nice too) just what the get the better stuff off of

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/ls...swap-info-etc/
    Search, read, and search some more. Also, as far as intake manifolds go, keep the stocker until you're putting down some really good numbers. Stock truck intakes flow really well at low RPMs and decent at higher. If I were to get another intake, I'd just I with the 90mm truck intake (TrailBlazer SS). I don't think I could justify dropping over $1k on a fast setup until I'm convinced that I need it.
    Once again, search and you can prob find it.

If you want heads. Id depends on what ya wanna spend, i have the same truck, and ive been told PRC 2.5 heads work great, i ended up getting some stock heads and had then Ported and polished. " pick n them up sat " and as far as intakes a decent head and a tbss or nbss swap works great. i have tbss injectors now and am looking to get the intake in the near future. ive heard of people running .700 faster with heads and that intake... i believe it was "G" but dont hold me too it. alot depends on your goals and what you can afford. GL with your search . hope this helped alittle
    Built 2 Run! 6XX HP/ 6XX TQ

Quote Originally Posted by AFSP1211 View Post
    http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/ls...swap-info-etc/
    Search, read, and search some more. Also, as far as intake manifolds go, keep the stocker until you're putting down some really good numbers. Stock truck intakes flow really well at low RPMs and decent at higher. If I were to get another intake, I'd just I with the 90mm truck intake (TrailBlazer SS). I don't think I could justify dropping over $1k on a fast setup until I'm convinced that I need it.
    Once again, search and you can prob find it.
    Your link was everything I wanted to know, Thanks.

FYI searching intake manifolds/intake or cylinder heads/heads doesn't work very well.

'02 Silvy: Z71 EC Step Side 5.3L Nelson tuned
    2013 GMC Acadia: SLT1 Carbon Black
    1976 Corvette Stingray: Trying to save it, progress is slow.

^Ricky's Sweet PS Skilz
    09/21/2010 02:31 <danger_ranger83> I'm not really worried about the looks...I want it to be fast and ugly...bc no one wants to get outrun by something ugly

I saw that, but the majority of what I was wanting to know was what the things came on originally

+ Reply to Thread