+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Going front mount , need input/advice .

Going front mount , need input/advice .

well after much thought of selling my kit ive decided my truck would just not be the same ,so now i am looking into going front mount setup mainily because of when it rains no matter what i do the filter eventually gets soaked (maybe because of large tires or just plain old houston tx rain. so now im looking into a set of trick manifold and down pipe kit, question is since my truck is my daily driver i am looking into keeping its down time to a minimum, what all should i get ready or buy to have it all go smooth.
    Ex: oil lines(feed & return) gaskets,etc.
    i do know i will have to get a re tune for sure . Is the reliability of the front mount setup any different than the remote mount ?
    thanks yall
    06 silverado crew cab 4.8L
    STS Kit W/turbonetics BB 60-1 .81AR T4 and intercooler 10psi
    Nelson custom tune
    built 4L60E-hopefully it lasts
    2500 stall-Hughes converters
    42LB injectors
    3.5 Magnaflow exhuast
    6inch lift on 35x12.50s

Quote Originally Posted by liftedboost View Post
    well after much thought of selling my kit ive decided my truck would just not be the same ,so now i am looking into going front mount setup mainily because of when it rains no matter what i do the filter eventually gets soaked (maybe because of large tires or just plain old houston tx rain. so now im looking into a set of trick manifold and down pipe kit, question is since my truck is my daily driver i am looking into keeping its down time to a minimum, what all should i get ready or buy to have it all go smooth.
    Ex: oil lines(feed & return) gaskets,etc.
    i do know i will have to get a re tune for sure . Is the reliability of the front mount setup any different than the remote mount ?
    thanks yall
    Almost all of my stuff ended up working when I went from rear mount to front mount. Had to fab some of the cold piping, but since I already had so much of it, it wasnt that big of a deal.

You can reuse your feed and return lines, they might be a little long, but you can use them. Either way its not a bad idea to just go ahead and get shorter ones. You will need to tap the front of your oil pan and put a fitting on for the return line.

Reliability for me stayed the same, luckily you get to stop relying on that external pump to always be working.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

WE offer an oil line kit that comes with fittings and lines needed for our standard install.
    Things I would recommend,
    turbo blanket, a little wrap on the dp,
    You will need a new exhaust set up. Depending on what you have and have access to it can be very simple. Straight pipe to a straight through muffler and a turn down.
    And you will need to remap your cold piping a little.
    That's pretty much it. The re-tune you already know about.

Simply the best turbo kit for late model GM trucks.

Custom fabrication to fit your budget and needs.
    Dealers for Precision, Comp. & Magnum turbos.

Online Store
    [/CENTER]

Thanks guys, I guess I pretty much had most of it already figured but wanted to be sure, now I need to get a date and some room in my shop to start this. Home owners association loves me so I can't do it at my house lol
    06 silverado crew cab 4.8L
    STS Kit W/turbonetics BB 60-1 .81AR T4 and intercooler 10psi
    Nelson custom tune
    built 4L60E-hopefully it lasts
    2500 stall-Hughes converters
    42LB injectors
    3.5 Magnaflow exhuast
    6inch lift on 35x12.50s

Quote Originally Posted by liftedboost View Post
    Thanks guys, I guess I pretty much had most of it already figured but wanted to be sure, now I need to get a date and some room in my shop to start this. Home owners association loves me so I can't do it at my house lol
    You need to move.

+ Reply to Thread