+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Moser Engineering..... Pathetic

Moser Engineering..... Pathetic

Well I hope this saves someone else some grief. I hate that I have to do this, but Im done with Moser and if I would have known how they operate, I would never have purchased anything from them in the first place....

Let me start, I originally bought the M9 setup from Moser as a complete kit. Fabricated housing, axles, complete center section, brakes... Over $3500 from them for the best parts... I thought... I have been easy on the truck over the last coupe years while working the kinks out, and I finally start pushing it and I end up bending the fabricated 9" housing. My best 60' time was 1.49, and thats the one that bent it, bc after that I could not hook up for some reason....as I checked a few things out after street driving it and it feeling a little off, I found the rear was massively bent.... So I pulled it, and I sent pictures to Moser and get a reply a couple days later with the run around...

This is the actual email conversation with Matt McCombs at Moser. You have to read from the bottom up, You can't see the original email that I sent with the pictures. I just sent the pictures above, and and asked what They thought about it and this is what I got back.

Yes, just the bare housing.

Matt McCombs
    Sales Technician
    260 . 726 . 6689
    mmccombs@moserengineering.com

102 Performance Drive
    Portland, Indiana 47371
    260 . 726 . 6689
    260 . 726 . 4159 fax
    www.moserengineering
    Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:21 AM
    To: Matt McCombs
    Subject: Re: Bent m9 pictures

That is just for the housing correct?

Sent from TurboMics iPhone

On Mar 1, 2012, at 7:13 AM, Matt McCombs <mmcombs@moserengineering.com> wrote:

$490

Matt McCombs
    Sales Technician
    260 . 726 . 6689

102 Performance Drive
    Portland , Indiana 47371
    260 . 726 . 6689
    260 . 726 . 4159 fax
    www.moserengineering
    Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:24 PM

What is that price?

On Feb 29, 2012, at 4:01 PM, Matt McCombs <mmcombs@moserengineering.com> wrote:
    I can sell you a rear at distributor pricing.

Matt McCombs
    Sales Technician
    260 . 726 . 6689

102 Performance Drive
    Portland , Indiana 47371
    260 . 726 . 6689
    260 . 726 . 4159 fax
    www.moserengineering
    Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:34 PM

Im not sure whats hard to see, thats not an optical illusion, its a straight edge from the flat surface where the center section bolts up out to the tube. So what do you want me to do? Are you just offering to sell me a new one at a discount? I need this thing up and going ASAP. I have a race in April, and still have testing to do. That's why I try to buy the best parts, so I don't have things like this happen. Of all things I thought might fail, this was last on my list. I don't have time to ship this thing to u so u can say " yep it's bent " then offer to sell me a new one. That's just a waste of time. Give me your bottom line up front, I don't have time for games.

If you ask me, it's your housing, that I bought as a complete kit and explained exactly what it was going in to use it in to the sales person when I ordered. I specifically asked if I needed a back brace and was told " no, it was not needed. id never bend this housing, I'd break axles before bending it " now it's bent. I say stand behind YOUR product, and make this right. Let me know ASAP please.

Mic Hubble

On Feb 28, 2012, at 4:00 PM, Matt McCombs <mmcombs@moserengineering.com> wrote:

It’s hard to tell exactly, but based on what we can see it may be difficult to straighten. Unfortunately we would be able to have a better idea if we were able to jig it up. That being said if we could work on it we could do it at distributor prices.
    Matt McCombs
    Sales Technician
    260 . 726 . 6689

<image001.jpg>
    102 Performance Drive
    Portland , Indiana 47371
    260 . 726 . 6689
    260 . 726 . 4159 fax
    www.moserengineering
    Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 1:10 PM
    Subject: Bent m9 pictures

Maybe Im expecting more than I should, But I believe they should stand behind their product. Im going to try Dutchman now. I have spent lots of money with Moser, But I won't be spending any more with them.

This is where my moser stickers are now as I wait for my new rear end to be built.

Last edited by TurboMic; 03-17-2012 at 08:09 AM.
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

That sucks I want to see video of you burning them like they burnt you

they probably never thought a truck would make as much power to do so

any 9" at that amount of power your making requires a backbone
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Yeah I always encourage to over engineer our truck parts, that is why i tell guys to go 80E or TH400. MOSER designed that axle with 2600 lb maximum weight race cars Iin mind most likely. First time i saw one of the housings in PHR I thought it looked weak and now you have shown how weak it really is.

good place for the sticker i can only think of one other place for them, that would be up mosers arse lol

sucks mic but im sure you knew that already !

youre definitely making some big power, but at a 1.49 60ft that axle housing should have never bent!
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    Yeah I always encourage to over engineer our truck parts, that is why i tell guys to go 80E or TH400. MOSER designed that axle with 2600 lb maximum weight race cars Iin mind most likely. First time i saw one of the housings in PHR I thought it looked weak and now you have shown how weak it really is.

Ya, I agree. But when guys with stock 10 bolts are cutting same or faster 60' times... I say there is no excuse for it bending.

Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    good place for the sticker i can only think of one other place for them, that would be up mosers arse lol

youre definitely making some big power, but at a 1.49 60ft that axle housing should have never bent!

That's exactly how I feel. If I was popping off 1.2 or 1.3s I'd understand. But oh we'll. Live and learn.
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

its made out of what gauge metal? 10ga cant see that being enough material for some serious weight and power.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

yes but a 1.49 from that truck is alot different then say your truck doing 1.49.....1200/1100 vs 600/500 is two different situations. 4900lbs/4000lbs again different
    Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post

412 Motorsports

you oughta tell em, if they dont make it right, everyone that you know will be told to not use moser.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

The NBS and GMT900 trucks, have you looked at how beefy the rear axle casting is? I can see it holding a whole lot of power before the casting bends which leads to fracturing.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

+ Reply to Thread