+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new to this community

new to this community

hey guys. well, im new to the LS community. i have been debting comming to this side of the performance house. well...IM DOING IT. im not new to performance. just the LS platform.

ive been in the duramax performance area for a few years. i simply cant afford it on a military budget. im now selling my EC/SB 05 GMC sierra. has a built motor (carrilos, keyed/balanced crank, cut/coated mahle pistons, socal diesel p&p heads, ARP through out) a LOT of fuel to support, built trans, lowered a bit and double adjustable QA1's at every corner. as well as some other things. ran a best of 11.57 with a 1.67 60' weighs in at a hefty 6,300 LBS

as soon as its sold, im getting an RC/SB 1500. plans are to install a 4L80E and run a turbo kit with all the supporting valve train moddifications to support it. E85 is out of the question. so pump gas has to be ran. as well as meth. already saving money for the build. just have to get the truck and get the ball rolling.

thanks for yalls time. im sure i will have some Q's to ask some of you guys.

that d-max is impressive, welcome to the site

Welcome to the club!!!

I don't have a diesel, but I love going to the sled pulling competitions. Good luck with your next project.

Welcome. Post up some pics of that dmax.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

welcome to the site

Welcome, I stepped away from the dmax performance as well to the gas/ turbo and I don't regret it one bit. Much more fun, and much faster.
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

Quote Originally Posted by blacstar View Post
    that d-max is impressive, welcome to the site
    Thanks man. i really appreciate it. many days of eating ramen noodles have been lived through to get the truck to how it is now. haha
    2005 GMC sierra DURAMAX diesel
    carrilos, keyed crank, mahles, socal diesel stage one heads, socal diesel valves and springs.
    built trans by mike L @ inglewood trans
    big single turbo.
    modded CP3 pump, 60% injectors
    11.57@119 1.67 60'
    FOR SALE

why isnt my default picture showing up?
    2005 GMC sierra DURAMAX diesel
    carrilos, keyed crank, mahles, socal diesel stage one heads, socal diesel valves and springs.
    built trans by mike L @ inglewood trans
    big single turbo.
    modded CP3 pump, 60% injectors
    11.57@119 1.67 60'
    FOR SALE

welcome and Wow sounds like you've got alot of money tied up in that diesel. I personally love my duramax but cant see the point of putting a built motor or anything like that in it. I think they are a great platform for a swap into a car but the HD trucks are just to heavy to make it worth moding that much IMO, so great choice in coming over to the not so dark side
    74 Austin Morris Mini 1000 - Daily Coil Spring conversion, lowered, Disc Brake conversion
    FOR SALE: 04 RC/LB Duramax -12 second tow pig, built Allison, Tune, and supporting mods
    FOR SALE: 03 Silverado SS -DBRods built 40X, DP, Suspension. Going for fast

Welcome from Ft. Riley, KS
    04' RCSB, LQ9, Front mount T76, TU1, Circle D 3K, Built 4L60E, True Trac, 3.42:1, 4-6 Drop

+ Reply to Thread