+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dynatech exhaust anyone?

Dynatech exhaust anyone?

Im new to the site and still havnt managed to figure out how I set a profile pic. Anyways, I am thinking about finishing my exhaust off. I have a Flowmaster muscle truck exhaust on my 2001 sbsc silverado. It has about 150,000 miles on it and the cats are starting to rattle. I also think its time to lose the stock manifolds and get a little better flow going. I have seen Dynatech header and ypipe combos with cats for about $1400. I dont want to spend that kind of money and get something thats not worth it. Anyone gone down the Dynatech road? Thanks

There's plenty of cheaper ones for your application.. There's Pacesetters, OBX, and Cal-Speed..

I bought my used pacesetters with a glasspack from somebody for $250
    new OBX and Cal-Speed headers go for around $300 new and more with y-pipe.
    Run your motor, not your mouth..

04 ECSB 5.3 Sierra: 14.6@95
    Pacesetter Headers, Intake, Tune

I have heard good things about cal speed but havnt looked into them. Thanks.

I've got the dynatech LT and Y pipe setup. Was in the truck wheni bought it and I like it. Only thing I don't like is I think the collectors and y are actually 2.5". I'll have to measure soon.

What he said^^^ the 2.5" collectors are kinda weak sauce. I would suggest basically any unit other than those. If you are gonna spend that kind of money get some Stainless works or Kooks. If you want more of a budget unit get calspeeds. Prolly the best for the money. Not the best just the best for the money.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

I have Dynatech LSx swap headers for 2nd gen f-body....when I ordered there was a choice of 2.5" or 3".....I went with 3" collectors and built a 3" dual exhaust back to the rear axle. Anyway...you can get them with 2.5 or 3" collectors. I like my Dynatechs.... look good and perform well.

1968 GMC - Carb'd and cam'd 6.0 LY6, 200-4r, 3.73 posi 12 bolt
    2006 TrailBlazer SS - 13 sec. grocery getter

I have looked a bit more and think was thinking the Calspeed long tubes with the Dynamaxx y pipe. It would save me $400 on the Headers and I cant see there being that much of a difference. Im not seeing alot on ypipes that are emissions friendly and I still have to deal with that for another decade or so.. After looking deeper into it, It looks like the Calspeed headers are 3" and the Dynamaxx pipe is 2 1/2". I havnt called anyone to ask if they offer a 3" ypipe yet but I havnt seen any offered online. Does anyone know of a good ypipe that is 3"?

They do look pretty good on there Grumpy

Thanks!
    1968 GMC - Carb'd and cam'd 6.0 LY6, 200-4r, 3.73 posi 12 bolt
    2006 TrailBlazer SS - 13 sec. grocery getter

Mine are in the mail! Jegs had them on sale.

+ Reply to Thread