+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Coilovers for NBS Silverados

Coilovers for NBS Silverados

I've been working on bolt in coil-overs for many different applications. This one is for a 99-07 with stock upper and lower control arms. This application utilizes McGaughty drop spindles to achieve the customers wanted ride height. These will work with stock spindles also but the height will be approximately 2" taller than this install. The install is pretty simple and can be done with basic tools. The upper stud bolts right into the existing shock mounting hole on the frame. However the lower mount does require you to drill out the threads in the lower control shock mounts. This makes the installation 10X easier. The coil-over uses a stud on the top with a delrin swivel bushing and a t-bar on the bottom.

The coil-overs themselves are Ridetech and use Fox shocks that are single adjustable. The coil springs are Hyperco.
    List Price is 740.00 and I can do 10% off to members.

For installation remove the factory shocks and springs. Next drill out the lower shock mounting nuts with a 21/64" drill bit. Insert the coil-over through the upper mount and start the nut on the stud. Next insert the stock shock bolts through the t-bar and bolt up to the lower stock shock holes that were drilled out. Tighten the bolts and repeat for the other side. Total install time should take between 2-6hrs depending on skill level. Here are a few install pics of the installed coil-over on a 2000 Silverado 2wd.

thats badass...have u done a 08+ ? i really want to get rid of my struts...

Ive done everything from 63-07. No 08 and newer yet.

damm no wonder if it were to be similar to kurts tbss since they are struts oem...i thought i seen a front coil conversion on that one but cant find the pics.

Yes Kurt's is on coil-overs up front, but it was custom fab'd. They are close but probably not the same.

Jon is there enough adjustment in the coilovers to keep say a 2.5-3" drop with spindles? Or would I be going down to about 4" of drop up front. I like the way my truck sits it just rides like a damned stagecoach.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

For 07+ you might be able to do an adapter plate on top like Fabtech uses on their Dirt Logic coilovers.
    2001 GMC Sierra SL ECSB - Project
    2012 Honda Civic Si - DD
    2009 GMC Sierra SLT ECSB - Sold

Got any pics of that ^

Quality stuff Jon. Im sure alot of people have been wondering about coilover stuff like this up front!
    Alex

02 Chevy RCSB V6 -> H/C 5.3L SOLD

03 GMC RCSB 5.3L CAI,Tune,3/6 drop

Nice write-up. How much different is it for the GMT-400?
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

+ Reply to Thread