+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Coilovers for NBS Silverados

Quote Originally Posted by DBRODS View Post
    I haven't put a set on a stock height truck yet. Since Mcgaughtys spindles are 2"drop the ride height could be 2-3" taller than in Davids pic.

hmm im on just cut springs, thinking here, got any 2" drop spindles lol you know i want these hahahaha! would be nice with double adjustable
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by CHEVROLADE View Post
    Got any pics of that ^
    Yeah, kind of like this:

2001 GMC Sierra SL ECSB - Project
    2012 Honda Civic Si - DD
    2009 GMC Sierra SLT ECSB - Sold

why wont these work with drop arms? These or holley intake... THESE or holley intake! Why cant I be rich!?

can you get them with reservoirs since they are based off a fox shock? And how low can you go with these and spindles?

Wow, they look amazing. Nice work.
    Will these work with BellTech spindles on a GMT-400?
    How many spring rate options are available?
    Do you have any options for the rear end?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Tig; 03-05-2012 at 07:43 PM.

currently 3/5 drop

have 3 inch drop springs up front but just bought 2 inch drop spindles and was doing some research. wanted to change my setup because the 3 inch drop springs give me some bumpsteer, was just going to run the spindles and stock springs cut for 1inch but after running across this thread I really want coil overs.. was also looking at kp components sway bar an its a 1 7/16 diameter and was hoping somebody knew the stock diameter.

Jon have you gotten anyone or maybe yourself to try this setup out on the race track? im in dire need to figure out why im breaking traction and could use some help, im up for this setup and indeed it will work, a friend interduced me into another method but this seems like it would perform well.. text me when you get a chance

Great thread!
    There has been so much discussion and “ideas“ thrown around on an NBS coilover conversions over the years, but so very few people who have actually attempted or followed through with it! ...myself included.

Now...
    I'd be EXTREMELY interested if you'd be willing and generous enough to post up your method for doing 4wd lowered Coil overs!
    I've got a few good ideas, but not enough funds at the moment. Main thing I was thinking would need to be custom fabricated was raised frame upper mount (like JD Fab weld-on shock mount in their “mid travel kit“) possibly calling for over engine hoop for torsional support, then ~4“ stroke coilover with an extended lower mount (like King accessory), possibly a raised coil perch if extended lower mount isn't enough to clear CV shaft, then a fab'ed UCA (like Brenthel chase kit) to clear the larger dia. spring... Oh, and I was going to mount them to DJM LCA and beef up and reinforce the lower shock mount to be weight bearing...

So what'ya think? See any immediate flaws, or anything to keep in mind?

Also looking for recommendations on coil spring rate for RCSB 4wd, and wanting fairly stiff/performance ride... I see hyperco has great selection, but not sure where to start with the rates on my setup... don't have the coin to trial and error!
    Last edited by ShredSled; 11-25-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    Shralp' it heavy.

\\ '02 Sierra \V/ '01 Silvy //

thanks Jon, its Been a world of a difference since ive gotten these still have traction issues, but im working it all out, plus i hadnt been back to track since i been kicked off hmm like twice lol! yeah cage is going in now!

would these be good for canyon carving?
    4.8\5 speed\3.23's\Airaid TBS\Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler\Volant Power Core CAI w/ Scoop\0/2 Drop\

+ Reply to Thread