+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Remote Start

Yep

Good info to know. My wife is wanting remote start too. Which one did you go with? I've never looked into them so I have no clue.

Not to thread jack, but does anyone have experience with a remote start that uses the factory key fob they want to recommend?

I used a cheap eBay remote start that works off the door lock wires/uses factory remote. However, the down side is if you play with the door locks from inside the truck it will crank just like using the remote.
    99' Silverado RCSB Z71: 5.7L Iron LS1, 11.2:1, Custom EPS Cam, Ported 862's,Ported TB, E-Bay Cold Air, E-Bay Long Tubes, Dynomax X-Pipe Exhaust, Electric Fans, Innovative LC-1, Self Built 4L60E, Circle D Pro Single Disc, 4:10 ValueTrac

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7887&dateline=1270435  715

You can use the resistor (not diode) method on the trucks just like you can the older PASSLOCK I stuff. The only difference is the resistor is in the steering column rather than in the key like on the older stuff.
    Program it out and you are done.

+ Reply to Thread