+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will flex fuel parts work on 2000 5.3?

Your 2000 has a return style fuel rail and the NNSB does not.

So all you can use is the injectors and intake maifold
    @J_Industries ON INSTGRAM

TURBO MIC PERFORMANCE
    MAZZULLA OFF-ROAD
    KING SHOCKS

[HOONIGAN]

X2 on the nick Williams tb. I would go with that. You may want to get larger injectors, and you will need to upgrade your fuel system to feed the motor with e85. What are your goals??

So I can run the manifold and the injectors "possibly need pig tails to even use the injectors", The fuel rails willn't work at all. And I have to buy a cable style 90mm TB, Do i have this straight? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Well you guys think this would be a worth while price effective upgrade for my 5.3? Or Is there better ways to go about upgrading these parts? I have a guy that will sell me the 2011 manifold, injectors, rails and Tb for $200. But he's selling all as a package deal. And the parts i can't use I would just sell off. What i'm tring to get at here is will the bang be worth my buck.
    -Ol Bessy-
    2000 Chevy Silverado 5.3 stepside 4x4
    k&n Intake
    PaceSetter Long tubes
    Tune
    Built 4L60e
    Detroit locker, moser axles

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyLee View Post
    X2 on the nick Williams tb. I would go with that. You may want to get larger injectors, and you will need to upgrade your fuel system to feed the motor with e85. What are your goals??
    I liked the that nick Williams tb also. Iv'e seen good things said about it, here's another!

My goal was to price effectively upgrade to the injectors, rails, an manifold that came on flex 5.3. not so much for running e85. But I guess from what your saying that wouldn't be worth it?
    "I'm here to learn"
    Thanks Brandon
    -Ol Bessy-
    2000 Chevy Silverado 5.3 stepside 4x4
    k&n Intake
    PaceSetter Long tubes
    Tune
    Built 4L60e
    Detroit locker, moser axles

I would use the fuel rails and convert to returnless the new injectors are 42lbs if I remember right. Don't expect huge gains but some good gains can be had on this swap. I want to say the ptm 90mm is the least expensive I have seen and they are nice to boot.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Yes, you can use the 2011 5.3 intake with a throttle body to match.
    No, you don't need an X-link. Even if your 2000 was DBW you wouldn't need it, it is for 03+.
    Yes you can use the 2011 fuel rail, using a external FPR or corvette filter. Or you can modify your 2000 fuel rail to fit the 2011 intake.
    Yes you can use the flex fuel injectors, you will need to splice on new pigtails or get the adapters. You must retune for this as well as the larger TB.

^Sums it up. But keep in mind, 07+ flex fuel injectors are only 30lb/hr, your current are 28lb/hr. The newer trucks compensate for e85 by upping fuel pressure. However GMT800 Flex fuel injectors run 34lb/hr.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Stock tb is 78 mm, and yes you're gonna need pig tails.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

+ Reply to Thread