+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 97 RCSB 6.0L + 4L80E + Procharger swap:)

my truck has threaded disconnects at the firewall right behind the intake manifold used to be (the 5.7 vortec) i just found out what fittings they were.. im sure they're threaded o ring fitted to -6an

This way you don't need 10+ feet of fuel line you know?
    97 xcab c1500 lm7 5.3 swap 343RWHP 329RWTQ 13.40 @ 101.97 2.03 60ft. MODS: Longtubes, 3200 stall, TR220 112lsa, .030 799 heads, NNBS intake, PTM 92mm TB. 4" PVC "hot" air intake 3" single exhaust w/cutout 3.42:1 gears, 29" tall tires. Dyno tuned by flaco

Quote Originally Posted by greenvortec View Post
    my truck has threaded disconnects at the firewall right behind the intake manifold used to be (the 5.7 vortec) i just found out what fittings they were.. im sure they're threaded o ring fitted to -6an

This way you don't need 10+ feet of fuel line you know?
    thanks for the help!

after some digging i found this picture and it shed some light on it for me, got all that ordered for my fuel lines i'm still unsure about the regulator issue though. did some more work last night on the motor

Circle D converter and flexplate

Pinned the crank, damn near flipped the engine and stand over trying to torque the harmonic balancer bolt lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mattc View Post
    thanks for the help!

after some digging i found this picture and it shed some light on it for me, got all that ordered for my fuel lines i'm still unsure about the regulator issue though. did some more work last night on the motor

Circle D converter and flexplate

Pinned the crank, damn near flipped the engine and stand over trying to torque the harmonic balancer bolt lol.
    those are a bitch to put back on.. i'm pretty sure i stripped out the first few threads on my crank snout with the new bolt lol
    97 xcab c1500 lm7 5.3 swap 343RWHP 329RWTQ 13.40 @ 101.97 2.03 60ft. MODS: Longtubes, 3200 stall, TR220 112lsa, .030 799 heads, NNBS intake, PTM 92mm TB. 4" PVC "hot" air intake 3" single exhaust w/cutout 3.42:1 gears, 29" tall tires. Dyno tuned by flaco

Quote Originally Posted by greenvortec View Post
    those are a bitch to put back on.. i'm pretty sure i stripped out the first few threads on my crank snout with the new bolt lol
    yeah i used a small tap handle to slide through the flywheel to keep the engine from spinning and used a 4 foot floor jack handle for leverage and it picked the entire engine up. but i got it and it damn sure wont spin now lol, it did put a hurting on that little handle!

headers are in, got my brackets from procharger in and got the intake mounted and fuel lines mounted just a few more odds and ends and i can start pulling the 5.7 out!!!!!!

still not sure about the fuel pressure regulator on the intake is that good enough to use for the walbro?

also does anyone have the part numbers for the starter bolts? i never got any when i bought the motor

Lookin good its gonna be a blast to drive when its all buttoned up!
    2008 RCSB AES built 390, prc ls6 stg 1 heads, fast lsxrt, comp 224/230 114+2, circle d multi-disk 3200,built 65e, 3.73's, lt's no cats, 18" magnaflow dumped, D1sc, alky meth kit, efi live tuned by me...hold on to my drawers Some new goodies on the way ...

what are the part numbers for the fuel rail fittings and how much did you pay for them?

Quote Originally Posted by tomandblue View Post
    what are the part numbers for the fuel rail fittings and how much did you pay for them?
    i used the exact numbers in this post except for the hoses i used the 18" section part number (SUM-G1001) it cost me 99 bucks for all 10 pieces plus S&H.

Quote Originally Posted by silverado_lover View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mattc View Post
    i used the exact numbers in this post except for the hoses i used the 18" section part number (SUM-G1001) it cost me 99 bucks for all 10 pieces plus S&H.
    this is what i was trying to describe to you in our messages, it's a little hard without the drawing Mike made lol

well waiting to go pick up my tranny from the shop after being rebuilt so i figured i would put the harness back on and start figuring it out i got a lot of pictures of connectors so bear with me, i just want to see if anyone can help my identify them since i have no empty plugs and no idea where these really go to. thanks!

connector between engine and ECM

another one

another one

v

i'm guessing these are all the pink power wires i need to deal with but i'm not really sure where to look for it in all data.

these plugs are all at the back of the harness on the same strain as the O2 sensor for the Pass side.

+ Reply to Thread