+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 97 RCSB 6.0L + 4L80E + Procharger swap:)

97 RCSB 6.0L + 4L80E + Procharger swap:)

well things are going to be going slow on this since i'm pretty much ordering as i go and right now work is slow lol. I've been researching for a few months to see what i'm up against and what all to expect and the more i read the better i feel about everything lol. anyways i bought a 2002 lq4 with its 4l80e counterpart for 2300 bucks, i plan to get a S/C cam(not sure which yet) upgrade springs/pushrods, upgrade fuel pump, get some 60# injectors, reinstall the P1SC procharger i have on my current engine, rebuild the 4l80e with a little stronger clutch kit and see where that puts me! should be a fun truck so far the fastest its gone is 13.1 @100 mph wheel hopping on street tires.

full truck load of go fast parts lol poor truck was riding low

what a freaking mess it was worth it though to see my fiance out there helping me label the connectors and wires haha

these exhaust manifold bolts were damn near impossible to get out thanks to the Irwin bolt extractor i got them all out, 4 of them looked like this a few came out and 3 were snapped off before i got the engine!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mattc; 01-16-2012 at 07:36 PM.

damm going to be nice when done

got some questions too now that i have the engine in front of me. i want to delete the entire 97 computer and use the entire new harness and computer to run everything fyi

1. what do i do with the oil cooler lines, is it mandatory to have them or optional and i can use a plate or loop it back in?
    2. on the power steering pump what do i do about the third line? hydroboost? cap it off?
    3. what do i do with the third plastic fuel line or whatever that is, some sort of vent or evap line or something
    4. what do i need to do about the temp sensor to make it work with my gauges, i saw a few people using adapters to use the 97 sensor i'd like to just keep them all the lq4 sensors if i can to keep it simple later.

guess thats all for now and i'll come across more as i go thanks!

Oil cooler is good but not necessary. If u want to delete u can get a block off plate of a 4.8 or 5.3 that didnt have a cooler. As for the third fuel line thing. If its the one one top of intake thats a evap line

Is it possible to delete the 97 computer and still retain cruise control and ABS? Would also like to know for my 97 swap.

Quote Originally Posted by mtcyclon View Post
    Is it possible to delete the 97 computer and still retain cruise control and ABS? Would also like to know for my 97 swap.
    i've heard you can keep ABS that all the abd box would need is a VSS signal but i'm not 100% sure on that.

the cruise i dont know maybe someone else will chime in

Quote Originally Posted by mtcyclon View Post
    Yes, very possible. I have done it many times.
    It can be set up to run just the LSx computer and still take care of all the functions in the truck. Factory gauges, ABS, cruise, etc. with just the one computer.

03 blue connector:
    #19 repin with 97 black conn. #18
    #20 repin with 97 grey #21
    #33 repin with 97 black #10
    #58 repin with 97 black #11
    #75 repin with 97 blue #4

03 green conn.
    #9 repin with 97 black #1
    #46 repin with 97 black #5
    #49 repin with 97 blue #15
    #50 repin with 97 black #4

On the 03 harenss I spliced the wires from C2 on the Park/ Neutral switch. Which is white, gray, yellow and black and white wires to were the 97 wires went to the fire wall under the evap. On C1 at the trans (looking at the connector veiw) A to G, B to B, C to C, D to D, E to E, F to F. G to the starter relay.

got this info from a member in here wayoung.. he did a 4.8 into a 97 burb. im doing something similar and im also at the wiring part of the swap. i already modified the facory harness just haven't had a chance to install it.
    96 2 Door Tahoe 4wd / 5.3 Swap / CAI / Tune / Pacesetter LTs / Magnaflow / LED Dash / Novak A/C Bracket /

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...ders-pics.html

Quote Originally Posted by myzterray View Post
    03 blue connector:
    #19 repin with 97 black conn. #18
    #20 repin with 97 grey #21
    #33 repin with 97 black #10
    #58 repin with 97 black #11
    #75 repin with 97 blue #4

03 green conn.
    #9 repin with 97 black #1
    #46 repin with 97 black #5
    #49 repin with 97 blue #15
    #50 repin with 97 black #4

On the 03 harenss I spliced the wires from C2 on the Park/ Neutral switch. Which is white, gray, yellow and black and white wires to were the 97 wires went to the fire wall under the evap. On C1 at the trans (looking at the connector veiw) A to G, B to B, C to C, D to D, E to E, F to F. G to the starter relay.

got this info from a member in here wayoung.. he did a 4.8 into a 97 burb. im doing something similar and im also at the wiring part of the swap. i already modified the facory harness just haven't had a chance to install it.
    sweet! yeah i read through your entire thread and was taking some notes lol

on this part though i dont really understand whats going on with that? is that for the old tranny or the 4.8 tranny i'm not sure if it would be the same since i'm swapping the 4l80e in with the engine?

added some to the ?s with no answers yet

2. on the power steering pump what do i do about the third line? hydroboost? cap it off?
    3. what do i do with the third plastic fuel line or whatever that is, some sort of vent or evap line or something. do they make a plate to cap this off as well?
    4. what do i need to do about the temp sensor to make it work with my gauges, i saw a few people using adapters to use the 97 sensor i'd like to just keep them all the lq4 sensors if i can to keep it simple later.
    5. the factory oil dip stick was rusted to pieces and broke on me and the piece that slides into the block broke off flush with the block any tips on removing this, would it have a rubber grommet? or an o ring?
    6. does anyone know of someone who notched the frame to use the LS style a/c compressor in its original location and might have some pictures?
    Last edited by mattc; 01-17-2012 at 12:40 PM.

found some part numbers for the oil cooler block off plate and a new dipstick.

12558346 – EGR Block off plate
    12577903 – Oil cooler block off plate
    12611384 – Oil block off gasket
    11588714 – Oil block off bolts (x2)
    12610053 – 02-07 dipstick
    12570623 – Truck Oil fill tube

borrowed from here

http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewto...=9134&start=40

+ Reply to Thread