+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Switched 12v

Switched 12v

OK, so I ran all of the wiring for my new subs and amp. I'm using the factory head unit, and a hi-to-low converter. The high to low converter provides me with a remote lead for the amp whenever the hi to low converter is powered on. I have the converter behind the head unit in the dash, and I was wondering if anybody knew of a 12v lead back there somewhere that could be used for the converter.

BTW this is in an '08 Silverado LT with Onstar, withOUT Bose. No navigation, just the CD player head unit with the AUX in.

R.I.P Blue '02
    '08 - 5.3
    Vette Servo, Flowmaster 40

Quote Originally Posted by jetersaurous View Post
    OK, so I ran all of the wiring for my new subs and amp. I'm using the factory head unit, and a hi-to-low converter. The high to low converter provides me with a remote lead for the amp whenever the hi to low converter is powered on. I have the converter behind the head unit in the dash, and I was wondering if anybody knew of a 12v lead back there somewhere that could be used for the converter.

BTW this is in an '08 Silverado LT with Onstar, withOUT Bose. No navigation, just the CD player head unit with the AUX in.
    I ran a switched power wire from the fuse box under the hood into the cab and made a small distribution block for all my ACC wires. There are no fuses inside that are switched that I know of.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    I ran a switched power wire from the fuse box under the hood into the cab and made a small distribution block for all my ACC wires. There are no fuses inside that are switched that I know of.
    Alright, i thought about doing that if I had to. Do you know which wire going into the back of the factory head unit is switched? There HAS to be one, right?

There does have to be one, but I didn't bother to check which one when I installed my aftermarket HU. I already had the switched power block from under the hood from my gauge and nitrous install. I didn't bother to check, sorry.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

Get your self a test light touch one pin in the factory harness at a time with the key on when it lights up turn the key off if it goes off then there is your switched output make sure to ground the test light real good on something under the dash are door jamb
    Last edited by Groundedbigbody; 01-18-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Spelling

Go to the ignition harness and check the Pink wire for switched 12V, it should be good to go.
    TVS=

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    Go to the ignition harness and check the Pink wire for switched 12V, it should be good to go.
    Win! Thank you.

R.I.P Blue '02
    '08 - 5.3
    Vette Servo, Flowmaster 40

+ Reply to Thread